• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

I would be curious to see what kind of drive pressures the system is seeing based on what happened.

I'm considering throwing a ebp sensor in there but for now I'm just going to enjoy it. If it becomes a restriction at some point I'll go to a bigger turbo :)

I forget which turbine housing you have right now, but there are 4 or 5 different A/Rs available for the GTX42R turbine. You could always go up to a larger housing if you find yourself at a power plateau or otherwise having trouble with backpressure.

Whelp. It's way later then it should be. Blows the tires off from a dead stab at 60mph at only 7psi. It feels like driving a supercharged car with how fast it spools

plan is tuning it for higher boost, 15-20psi, going to half track it at the davis volvo meet for a few passes then give it the beans and shoot for a 9

I plumbed boost lines in every way possible, I ran reference to the bottom, top and bottom, just the top, and no reference at all. This is with both a 4 psi spring and about 30psi worth of spring. And it the issue would go from happening at 4psi with the 4psi spring with the vacuum routed in all of the above described ways. And with 30psi worth of spring it would happen around 15-16psi, with the same symptoms. With the bolt installed in the top I limited the wg travel to only a few mms and it was finally able to control the boost. Just too much surface area on that valve

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification!

well its been about a month and I haven't really messed with or driven the car at all. Im going to start working on it again here soon, get the bigger intercooler in it. Put in a truck waterpump. and mess with some other stuff. Kinda lost a bit of steam on it after the whole turbo deal, it was a bit draining to be honest. So I decided to ruin my other car! yanked the turbo ls and th400 out of my Fairmont to make way for something else.

here is the absolutely beautiful hotside I made for it that actually worked well, not enough heat on the weld, but what ever, it never seemed to have a issue

Lol, the price was right for it. I've had some okay handling cars but this thing is a absolute blast. I bought it to flip it but after hammering on it for 3 hours today, I'm gonna keep it. It's a amazing car.

Lol, the price was right for it. I've had some okay handling cars but this thing is a absolute blast. I bought it to flip it but after hammering on it for 3 hours today, I'm gonna keep it. It's a amazing car.

You must have bought it from Someone that doesn?t watch Barrett Jackson :omg:

Back