• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Securing a commando bumper to the fenders

rearwheelpeel

Slow Learner
It looks like something is supposed to go in this hole on the fender to secure them to the sides of the front bumper. I don?t like my fenders flapping around. What goes here? I was thinking about getting some threaded rod or carriage bolts or something and making it work, but maybe there is a more correct solution?

eLDyxTJl.jpg

I know that car haha. You are missing a metal bracket that bolts to the fender, and a thick rubber strip that connect the bracket to the bumper. I can get a pic tomorrow, too dark right now.

Also missing a rubber trim strip that goes on top of the bumper.

Thank you. I’m not too concerned with that missing rubber trim yet, but the flappy fenders are annoying. I’d appreciate a picture of the bracket though. And yeah this car is hard to miss. I’d like to post some pictures of my progress on it so far. I’ve pretty much redone the entire interior minus a good set of seats. I don’t think I’m going to change much of the exterior though, I really dig the paint.

I like the paint also. Wow, that interior was pretty rough! Glad it has a good home, I like that car. I just pulled my car into the garage so I will try to get a pic for ya in a few minutes.

Here is a pic from the angle you took, shows the fender bracket, the second pic is from under the car showing the second bracket and the rubber connector.

rrO85VRl.jpg

8U7pSO7l.jpg

Back