• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rare Volvo parts that you have!

temp2_zpsd36a46ba.jpg

That poster is AMAZING! Can you please measure some dimensions? I'd love to replicate it.

I'd really need overall width and height, distance from white cross bar to bottom, width of cross bar, radius of the blue section, and font height for the all groups of letters.

I know it's a lot to ask, but that would be REALLY sweet hanging on a garage wall.

Can't find anything out about this one, but it's in the garage for a short time until it ships to its new home...]
Looks like part 1129132 (which Volvo calls a rear seat headrest) mounted to the cargo cage/net thing. You can adjust the height of it a little. It should have shocks on it so it swings up when the rear seat is folded (like the 850/70 cargo cage). I know it fits the 80-85 245s, not sure about earlier or later.
The net/cage can be either plastic or steel, that one looks steel (1129091).
I have a blurb on it from a Tillbehor catalog but I think its in Danish now that I try to read it. Has the ? character but isn't Norwegian.

I've only seen one of the wide rear headrest before, so they're super rare in the US at least. I'm a little jealous. I'd be more jealous if my 245 wasn't a pile.

Early 240 Rear Fog Light Switch...

Well, that'd be rare enough for me, but this one has both printed script and a symbol...Hella Rare

IMG_0543.JPG

Since we're on the subject of switches, I have an early 240 "AUX LAMP" switch. I'll grab a photo tomorrow. Seen lots of "Fog Lamp", but never an "Aux Lamp".

I also have 2 of the oem Oil Temp gauge kits in Fahrenheit, so guess that's sort of rare. Seems like most are in Celsius.

I collect Volvo emblems and steering wheels, but I have had email correspondence in the past with a guy who collects Volvo switches.
We all have our moments! Police car switches are quite rare.

Attachments

• 240 police light dimmer switch 2.jpg
    240 police light dimmer switch 2.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1,041
Back