• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 / 7mgte swap

Volvo Wagon 7mgte swap update

Hey , here again after a while. Ive been working in the wagon a little more thanks to covid. Engine swap is almost done except for some minor details like a bad solenoid egr valve, an oil leak, finish sealing the chevy control module adapted to the engine with waste spark chevy coils, finish the left door panel and hatch panel cover as well as the license plate lights plus in the second video the dashboard is installed . just need to finish some wiring to clean up the digital gauges
take care be safe and keep on "volving"
Dz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y_HHXdchIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri2sN9JqZR0

Covid update

Hey guys ,I AM back,dear Lord what a crazy time. I took a month off and it helped to really make some heavy duty updates and finish the rear suspension with a Volvo 940 locker.
Also the entire front suspension has been done ,that's new shocks,new front polyurethane bushings for the sway bar and new rubber bushings for the front links and outer tie rods.
Clutch is done and the a/c mod is on the works. Also, the Chevy Alt is been upgraded and rebuilt to a 140 amp unit.
Front TV screens have been upgraded for free thanks to the local pick and pull.
Just tested the driveshaft and the rear end up in jack stands and men oh men it rips!!!!.
Also I've upgraded the fuse box to a blade type form .Also I got a rubber boots from a Toyota pickup with just the right angle to cover the mustang shifter. I also just made a cup holder bracket outta scrap parts at work.
Just need to weld the door frame cause is cracked by the lower hinge.
Just did some hids in the screens ,got them for free as well.
Just gotta finished the time consuming details the sing "hit the road,Jack",lol.
Well that's all for now ,stay safe guys
Dz:oogle:

Car looks good (better than I was anticpating from just reading the thread with no pics :( ) in the video!

Can you fix the postimg links for earlier stuff? postimg changed from .org to .cc at some point back, so none of your links work

I would love to see the fabrication pics from along the journey, when you have some time.

power making

Hey thanks for watching the videos !!!!
I really cant tell how many ponies will be pushing. I changed the intercooler to a Mazdaspeed aluminum free flow unit and the wastage is an 8psi Volvo unit adapted to the ct26.
Dont want more than 250 whick is more than enough for me.
Just gota dyno it to see whats up!!!
Take care
DZ:rofl:

back from a while !!!!

HEy Guys , The wagon is been running since November. I have still to make lotta adjustments like the rear suspension thats hard as a rock. Also Im re-engineering the driveshaft cause the factory one is wobbly and is too weak for the power. More over the oil pump needs upgrading as well as the one single row neon radiator. I installed an emergency fan switch when it his 250 F. Also I need to readjust the emergency brakes and install a radio with a new set of speakers on a deal at Walmart. Just rewired the power door system to the alarm. Need a new windshield and also put a knock sensor to increase the power. It is a looker and young and old people stare at it either in amazement or weirdness cause maybe they haven't seen one like that or the way I have it .Now also try to solve the infamous rack and pinion stiffness by figuring out which model car will fit and I think the mustang will give me a better option because is easily attainable. Ok SEeya
DZ

Looks great! I like the safety touches with the lights. that's a fun wagon. Probably will get better mileage than stock besides being much faster.

wagon

Looks great! I like the safety touches with the lights. that's a fun wagon. Probably will get better mileage than stock besides being much faster.

hey thanks means a lot!!! A lot of coworkers pass by to look at it and i get a lot of complements and jaw dropping looks when i pop the hood :) and see a supra six banger.
Seeya
DZ:lol:

Back