• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Replacement Body Trim?

Turbobricking

Probably covered somewhere in the depths of this site, but, I couldn't find anything so..

1993 245 in need of new exterior trim. Not the lower plastic stuff that is held on with some sort of adhesive, the (generally referred to as 'chrome') trim along the fenders, doors etc.
Mine are black with the shiny aluminum strips. Ideally would love to go all black.
I see cars (online) with this thinner black trim, where does one source? Is it even replacement Volvo or...?
Sorry, may be a NOOB question!

240 Turbo Side Trim

240_tu10.jpg

Hmm, ya not sure the self adhesive stuff IPD sells as aftermarket trim would look decent enough, but thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for passing along the interesting thread on the 240 Turbo trim RC. Basically then, not being reproduced, super hard to find used, and you may have some in your possession (or once did).

Hmm, ya not sure the self adhesive stuff IPD sells as aftermarket trim would look decent enough, but thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for passing along the interesting thread on the 240 Turbo trim RC. Basically then, not being reproduced, super hard to find used, and you may have some in your possession (or once did).

Also used again on 92 240s but good luck finding it not baked to a bacon crisp by now.

In any case the mid range DL side trim is the real deal.

82245GLTPaint212-1.jpg

82245GLTPaint214.jpg

Or go all TB on it and plasti-derp it.

s-l500.jpg

:e-shrug:

Last edited:
Still pretty new to the 240 scene - how many different trim styles were offered? I ran into an 1986 yesterday and the trim on it was all black, other than the bumper trim. Would it be the same as the Turbo trim as well? I could care less about it being actual Turbo trim, I just prefer the black look.

Back