• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 242 V8 LQ4 swap

Seconded.

Thanks guys

tI1ZcOdl.jpg

jNv9Lasl.jpg

WDQ8zPcl.jpg

M3DJNFbl.jpg

GgjWavql.jpg

That looks awesome.

PS: I used the same paint you used on the cage for my wagon's roof rack :)

Thanks! I have seen the same paint used on other internet projects with better results, don't know if it was applied wrong or what. I should have done some test pieces first. It's not horrible but seems like it should have flowed better and been a little more uniform. At least its nice and hard and will keep it for rusting.

Thanks! I have seen the same paint used on other internet projects with better results, don't know if it was applied wrong or what. I should have done some test pieces first. It's not horrible but seems like it should have flowed better and been a little more uniform. At least its nice and hard and will keep it for rusting.

I think it's part of the "hammered" look. Looks like the intended finish to me anyway. Either way it's nice to use consumer-grade paint that takes minimal effort for fiddly, out of the way stuff like this!

Bunch more progress, and it's a runner now, hoping to take it out on it's first drive this weekend.

vgSG2bQl.jpg

V8G6UGBl.jpg

mjEvvYdl.jpg

3DkkMUil.jpg

21U4wvBl.jpg

0ArsQo0l.jpg

ezUHosDl.jpg

ARNm8FCl.jpg

S3AR98dl.jpg

usdRAXvl.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vvwbjdLPSnI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
The rx7 has been daily driven almost all year, although he has pretty much parked it now that the weather has gotten ugly. Had to work out a few initial bugs but it has proven to be very reliable. I got a new job that is 5 minutes from my house so my family and free time has drastically improved. I've been helping a friend with a turbo 5.3 elcamino that has silly fast for such a simple combo and also building a 81 510 for a fun daily driver. At my new job we build mostly build hotrods and typical camaro/mustang/tri-five type stuff but we also have a full chassis shop that builds drag stuff. I have been learning a ton and hopefully next year will finally be time to build the 142.

NktoH5wl.jpg

T3hFbkql.jpg

pnWRFLNl.jpg

IpMP4Yzl.jpg

e757Xbnl.jpg

7jABwXgl.jpg

I'm very happy to see you back up and posting! Love the updates and was always impressed with the fab work.

You're swap was always a big drive for my build. Simple and to the point.

That RX7 is awesome.

Been a while since I've updated this thread. My Datsun got boring really quick with the sr20 so I cut it up and built a 6.0 cert chassis for it. I'm using a honda k24 with a powerglide this time. Plan on 2200 lbs and around 1k hp so hopefully it will be fast enough to justify the chassis.

EJJoKTal.jpg

0Mun6SVl.jpg

p09uETMl.jpg

925NAdfl.jpg

gDeeX7vl.jpg

ssrZtvel.jpg

viflFzLl.jpg

P8fKBQsl.jpg

cdbhNjMl.jpg

Back