• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Photoman 1984 Red 242 Turbo

Wow that's coming out great!

Where it got paint it looks great. One spot on the hood closet ti the hood pin, primer and a small spot on top also.. As soon as the strut mount come in changing to Koni then decide on the size of the exhaust. Plan is to buff it do the interior and drive it. Ordered a clutch also but I don't like the m46. First gear to short . I figuring it out and thanks again for that sale x3✌️

Go 3" downpipe and straight pipe. It's not going to be loud.

I wonder how interchangable MS1 and MS3 are? Plug in for the harness to the box is the same?

Thinking on 3 in but need to do other stuff before addressing the leakie exhaust. Thought about strait out the back but don't want you to hear me coming.

Just got a call with the estimate on doing the seats back in leather! F������! More than I gave for the car! Dam! Did not expect that and I'm in Alabama

You have to shop around. Have a friend redoing the inside of a 40s Buick. First guy quoted $8000. The guy 2 blocks away is doing for $4000. Go figure.

You have to shop around. Have a friend redoing the inside of a 40s Buick. First guy quoted $8000. The guy 2 blocks away is doing for $4000. Go figure.

Have not but this guy did my 1968 impala Ss rag top and it perfect. Going to at least check with the guy that did the seats in my green 91 245. For a good comparison. Thanks. Was thinking about bending over.

Purchase two new sparco fixed backs and bens side mount adapters? Definitely cheaper then new front seats in leather.

Purchase two new sparco fixed backs and bens side mount adapters? Definitely cheaper then new front seats in leather.

This car has real potential and sparco just don't work form me. Going to slow my roll on have mine recovered. Just hate the busted up one in the car. The 80 242 with the blue interior might be another story if I don't sell it.

car looks good!

Looks like someone did exactly what I did with the hot side of the intercooler pipe - plugged the bov end with a chair feet protector. LOL
make sure you have extra ones on your drives... 1" 4 pack at Home Depot is ~5

car looks good!

Looks like someone did exactly what I did with the hot side of the intercooler pipe - plugged the bov end with a chair feet protector. LOL
make sure you have extra ones on your drives... 1" 4 pack at Home Depot is ~5

Thanks but wait until I start under the hood. Those red pipes got to go. May polish some or jus paint them back black. It a lot of hand polishing under the hood and changing the stock IC and radiator both to heavy aluminum ones. Valve cover leaking also.

Those strut mounts so nice!

Can't wait to install them but you ain't seen nothing yet! Should have tried some of Ben's stuff way befor now! Got some more new stuff that is going on Red. Already got new IPD springs, so Koni adjustable struts and shocks. Plan to get his strut brace that looked to be the ultimate 240 upper brace. I know someone that has one and was paying close attention to his review on how much better is is over tower to tower plus the Volvo tower to firewall.. This car handle better than I expected stock.

I have koni yellows in my daily and they really are great. The car is going to ride so nice when you're finished.

Still thinking about the plan and I now see first hand how addictive boost is. It's got a water cooled garrett and the early manifold that gives no trouble. The plan now is big brakes, 17" wheels, b21f intake, NPR and a quicker spooling turbo and going for the full 3"turbo back. Guess I will do all the work my self since cost have already started to get out of hand.. Transmission seem good but I have a T5z in the trunk of my 80 242 that will be repurposed. Digging out the new shifter that Holmer shorten the throw and try it out and will know first hand what I like. Did now work this weekend but every time I do any work on my hoop tie the wife complain about what I need to do to her Lexus.. And why don't I polish her car rather that that piece of junk! Anyway been driving the car since I got it home. Need to finish the black 93 and it will be for sale quick. Best 240 I own and it's will be for sale soon.

good looking 242!

about that b21f intake, is that a upgrade against the b230f/ft intake? i would like to use a b21f intake on my 142, but can't find anyting if its a upgrade or not. (would give more space though)

good looking 242!

about that b21f intake, is that a upgrade against the b230f/ft intake? i would like to use a b21f intake on my 142, but can't find anyting if its a upgrade or not. (would give more space though)

Thanks it has the look and color I like and I think low production number for that color combo. Send my daughter some pictures and she said it looks like those old Volvo's I already have. LOL

Don't know what is in or on your 142 but but the long runner and the larger plenum of the b21f make if much better than a b230f intake. In my mind it nearly as good as the NIW sheet metal intake but not the cool effect as the sheet metal one. I have one that Nathan modified that I got off someone and still need to send one to him to work his magic. Got a couple of his fuel rail as well. I was all ready to buy another NIW off mike since I PM him 3 minutes of posting one for sale but he let me the next day someone was ahead of me. All this stuff is a want and not a need.

Last edited:
Back