• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

distributor block off plate

rijk

Hi,
Long time ago somewhere on the web I noticed a distributor block-off plate for a 16V head. So I know it exists. I am about to install a stand alone ems and no longer need the distributor. Can somebody tell me where to look?
Thank you very much.
Rijk

Thank you Nick. I will give them a call.

the plug itself is also available at the dealer for a few euro. I expect the plug found in a B230F equipped 240 also works on a 16V head since both 16v and 8v seem to use distributors that look the same. I can get the dimensions of the plug, i have a new one here.

the plug itself is also available at the dealer for a few euro. I expect the plug found in a B230F equipped 240 also works on a 16V head since both 16v and 8v seem to use distributors that look the same. I can get the dimensions of the plug, i have a new one here.

Do you mean that half moon shaped rubber plug that sits at the back end of the exhaust camshaft?

With AA battery for scale:

P271208_2141.jpg

P271208_214101.jpg

Sorry about the quality.

That plug is made by TTO and has the number D7194 on it.

To avoid any possible oil leakage, that plug pictured by BB-Q (stock on B230F on the 240, as I understood) was secured / covered by a metal plate that uses the mounting holes of the distributor on a 16V head. That specific plate was part of the block-off kit I once found in the web. But of course it can be made.
Thanks again for your help!
Rijk

Back