• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ghost 945 engine trouble makes me desperate

rijk

Couldn’t resist buying that immaculate red with black leather interior 1991 945 with auto box. Testrided it without any problems. Enjoyable car untill six weeks later when the engine stalled waiting for a traffic light. Started only after approx five minutes and then runs for days or weeks without any problems. This continued for five months. On some occasions when turning the key nothing happened at all. Could hear starter relay and the pump running though but engine wouldn’t turn. Meanwhile replaced ecu, coil, a.o. pump relay and other related fuel and ignition parts. After every repair the car was without problems for two to six weeks whereafter it happened all over again. Mostly only after long highway cruising and a few times already five minutes after cold start. When it stalled the last time I tested the injectors, pump and coil straight away but measured current on all three items. Getting pretty desperate. Next I will replace the pump since old items appear to run without pumping all the time. Will examine the old one but almost shure that won't influence anything expept for my wallet. Even my dealer is running out of suggestions. Desperate situation.
Somebody here recognizes this problem??

Last edited:
check fuel pump relay, fuel injection (radio suppression) relay, and crank position sensor. also could be the mass air flow sensor.

check and see if there are any codes stored in the diagnostic system.

check your battery ground strap and engine ground strap. i had an intermittent problem from a loose ground strap. no ground, no starter.

check your battery ground strap and engine ground strap. i had an intermittent problem from a loose ground strap. no ground, no starter.

Allright.
Thank you for your support. But what do you get from the relation between a starter or battery ground lead and an engine that stalls under different running conditions? After 90 percent of the cases the engine would still turn on key but wouldn't run.

Volvo Guard sucks

After completely removing the Volvo Guard alarm system it seems the problem is solved. No unexpected stops since. Volvo Guard sucks

Back