• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

turbo spacer

Yes. Between ex. Manifold and turbo flange or inlet. ISO I gues I just made a good pattern tonight. Lol. When I was about done I thought “man I should asked”. Thanks for the info

If the aluminum didn't melt it would probably get very soft and start to deform.

It will work for startup and idling and very light driving, for a while. It depends on your engine, turbo system, and state of tune - but - if you get up anywhere near a "normal" gasoline full-load exhaust gas temp range (1300 - 1800F), you will melt the aluminum spacer. At lower temps it will also relax and deform as klork said too. You will lose clamp load and the turbo may become loose pretty quickly. I'd only use it for a few startups and idling or just for mockup purposes. A 1000-series mild steel adapter should work fine as a permanent solution unless you are building something like a drift car, rally car, or wild street car.

part of me says it will work. This is billet aluminum; what are pistons made of? But on the other hand I dont want to create a problem and a headache. Everytime I try and improvise I regret it. I appreciate the advice. I just ordered a spacer made of steel. Thanks

part of me says it will work. This is billet aluminum; what are pistons made of? But on the other hand I dont want to create a problem and a headache. Everytime I try and improvise I regret it. I appreciate the advice. I just ordered a spacer made of steel. Thanks

Pistons have cooling and don't see the flame for as long/they're expanding, and then pushing it out. Exhausts and turbos have that heat build up. That's why you will see them glowing red and not your engine.

Pistons have cooling and don't see the flame for as long/they're expanding, and then pushing it out. Exhausts and turbos have that heat build up. That's why you will see them glowing red and not your engine.

true, and I agree with you 100 percent. Like said Im not going to use it even though it was tempting. LOL. I appreciate you guys confirming what my gut was telling me.

:uh:

Pistons run at ~350? F.

Back