• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ebay header adapters?

90volvo

We all know that all the US headers for 240-740-940 are backwards and needs to be flipped. Most cut the flange off and flips it over 180 degrees. Well I ran across a guy that was selling Ford 2.3 adapters so you could flip the head or the 2.3 ford 180 degrees. So you could mount the turbo on top front. I sent him a message about making the same adapters for a Volvo B230 reblock 8V heads. HE said that he could probably do that.

Im seeing how many people that would be interested? There is a link below that shows the Ford 2.3 adapters. On the Volvo header you would still have to cut the flange so you could access the spark plugs but that would be it. Is there anybody that would be interested.

https://bigrmotorsports.com/

I would imagine the price would be the same as the Ford 2.3

Well the chinease turbo exhaust for redblock 8v volvo one has that piece of metal between the exhaust holes that is in the way of the spark plug, why you have to cut and weld it. Ohh I see you know that. Might work then if you cut that out. Let us know.

Yeh I have a eBay header laying around. I might buy the adapter and try it out. But I have a custom header on car for now. Might put it in my sons 240.

Seriously. You spend way more than a stock cast manifold end end up making the same power with less reliability.

The stock manifold is good til 300hp. May 350? I would like to see some dyno results, manifold vs header on turbo setup, 400 plus car. Some of us are aiming for more than 300hp. You know the hp bug. LOL. It would save us all alot of trouble and money. If you could find us somebody that would build us a header.

Back