• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

I'm digging it.Glad to see progress. Decided not to
Sell my 242. How was the Doug o polooza this weekend?

It was an absolutely fantastic event (like always). Had a great time, to bad you didn't make it out!

Gonna find a 91-93 chassis harness and ac stuffs?

I'll probably wire from scratch again, it was so much easier and nicer having a modern fuseblock in the 242... but I probably will absolutely use the newer heater core/evap.

It was an absolutely fantastic event (like always). Had a great time, to bad you didn't make it out!

I'll probably wire from scratch again, it was so much easier and nicer having a modern fuseblock in the 242... but I probably will absolutely use the newer heater core/evap.

Wish I had done that with my car from the start, will probably still circle back and change it eventually. I can't believe Volvo was still using those crappy fuses all the way up to '93 :wtf:

Wish I had done that with my car from the start, will probably still circle back and change it eventually. I can't believe Volvo was still using those crappy fuses all the way up to '93 :wtf:

Totally agree. Honestly, when I did the 242 (the second time with the full harness/block kit not just a fuseblock) it was really easy.

jsyk, im super excited to watch this build unfold, but my wife may or may not be your biggest fan right now.....

you have inspired me to do a full ground up on my 242. as soon as my 244 is out of paint, the 242 is getting stripped to a bare shell, and a redblock version of this build (not unlike your old 242) will commence...... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jsyk, im super excited to watch this build unfold, but my wife may or may not be your biggest fan right now.....

you have inspired me to do a full ground up on my 242. as soon as my 244 is out of paint, the 242 is getting stripped to a bare shell, and a redblock version of this build (not unlike your old 242) will commence...... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's very kind of you to say, thank you so much for the kind words! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Well, since I have a trans adapter in bound, a yoshi fab cross member and really everything else ready to go I pulled the motor out of storage, pressure washed it clean and did a little tinkering. I'll be bringing it home from the shop tomorrow.

original.jpg

155652937.jpg

Driver side mount looks good to go. Just need a couple longer bolts
155652938.jpg

Passenger side mount and ATP manifold. (I'm pretty impressed with it, it's not as good as a header in the collector but over all should be an improvement over the R manifold)
large.jpg

.83 AR T3 hot side from ATP
155652941.jpg

and some BuchkaHomerSwag™

That's about it, tomorrow I'll start hauling stuff home. I have Andrew's 244ti in the garage finishing up from a blown HG so hopefully we can get that done and out by saturday.

FedEx should be dropping something off this weekend for you....I forgot to get a tracking number, but being your account I guess you can look it up!

Thanks for thinking about me and letting me be involved in your build somewhat! :)

FedEx should be dropping something off this weekend for you....I forgot to get a tracking number, but being your account I guess you can look it up!

Thanks for thinking about me and letting me be involved in your build somewhat! :)

Thank YOU!

I just checked, looks like it'll be on todays truck. HOPEFULLY they'll deliver it here at the shop tomorrow.

Looking good Doug. I found a set of those camber plates in my garage too...wonder how they got there? The machining fairy? :-D

Pardon me for asking, but why did you choose to go internally wastegated on this build? The ATP manifold is going to need a block off plate (which would be a great spot for an EGT and/or backpressure probe if you were so inclined).

Although if you are going to go internally gated, that's one of the better housings there is to choose from. It's an OE Garrett turbine housing wastegate assembly from the Australian Ford Falcon inline six. Although in its original application it fits a GT35 turbine wheel, and I spy a part number that indicates otherwise on yours.

You can see the distinct outlet flange on this display engine.

800px-Barra_270T.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Barra_engine

Back