• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HX35 Owners, I need info!

240Toast

Hello everyone! From what I've found via the search function there are quite a lot of people running the Holset HX35s. I can't, however, find any info on the characteristics of them. My current setup takes several days to spool, and I'm a little over it at this point. (Not hitting full boost until about 5000 RPM). Who's running them on 8 valves with a stock(ish) exhaust manifold, and how long does it take you to spool it?

Thanks!

Do you happen to know what size exhaust housing you have? 9cm, 12cm, 14cm? Is it a divided housing? The larger the turbine housing, the longer it takes to spool. It's easy to swap.

As a matter of interest where do you measure a HX35 to determine which size housing you have, I have one here and would like to know exactly what I have. The assembly number on it is 3597181

524B435D-A7A7-4EBE-800D-28551778384B_zpsv3ohzssg.jpg

Last edited:
It should spool, and give lots of boost by 5000rpm if it has the most common 12cm2 divided housing (usually found on ram's). Something is not right with your turbo/setup.

On a mostly stock b230ft with ported 90+ manifold and perhaps a different cam, you should be able to get 14-15psi by 4-4200rpm, with the divided 12cm2 housing.

And if you do make sure you look at the measurements for the compressor. my "57 trim" actually measured out to be 44 trim and tiny...

Yes also if you are dead set on a junkyard diesel turbo, I recommend the he341. It spools much faster then the hx35, it's newer and has the 9cm exhaust housing

Back