• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Our latest '70 145 Project - Need a few things. Any Ideas?

Been a while!

Any updates here?

Thanks for poking me because it has been a long time since the last post. I have a love-hate relationship with the 145. It runs really nicely although it still has a hot start issue that I think is normal for this car. It is cured by following the instructions in the owner's manual - Foot to the floor until it starts. I do that and have never been stranded but I can't imagine the little old school teacher who bought it new and left it for dead in 1989 had to do the same thing.

I installed the new Nardi wheel a little off-center. I was so happy to find a hub that worked I didn't care at the time. Now it bothers me but frankly, I would be amazed if I could get it off the splines to correct it.

She looks great with the roof rack and cool Panasports. I get a lot more thumbs-up than I did with my previous Mercedes-Benz 450SLC. I rebuilt the seats in the 145 using Pirelli straps but I still feel like I am sitting on the floor.. Maybe new foam will fix that?

I've put a lot of effort into this one but I am not feeling the love I thought I would. Maybe the next owner will appreciate all I have done. Oh, one of the vent window latches fell off for no good reason. Strike 3 for the window latch.

I also have to go pedal to the floor on a hot start. Like you, the owner's manual reassures me that it's normal, but I wonder if it's made worse by ethanol fuel? Supposedly, 10% ethanol blended fuel has a higher volatility, which might be contributing to the hot start issue.

The seat has a variable front post for front tilt and 3 positions in the rear for rear height. I found myself sitting on the floor and looked and it was because the rear adjustment was at the bottom. Adjusted it to the top, and now I'm really high up. Maybe look into this. Biggest problem for me is that I cannot adjust the front tilt as high as I want because my legs will hit the steering wheel. Sounds like you won't have that problem

Thanks for poking me because it has been a long time since the last post. I have a love-hate relationship with the 145. It runs really nicely although it still has a hot start issue that I think is normal for this car. It is cured by following the instructions in the owner's manual - Foot to the floor until it starts. I do that and have never been stranded but I can't imagine the little old school teacher who bought it new and left it for dead in 1989 had to do the same thing.

I installed the new Nardi wheel a little off-center. I was so happy to find a hub that worked I didn't care at the time. Now it bothers me but frankly, I would be amazed if I could get it off the splines to correct it.

She looks great with the roof rack and cool Panasports. I get a lot more thumbs-up than I did with my previous Mercedes-Benz 450SLC. I rebuilt the seats in the 145 using Pirelli straps but I still feel like I am sitting on the floor.. Maybe new foam will fix that?

I've put a lot of effort into this one but I am not feeling the love I thought I would. Maybe the next owner will appreciate all I have done. Oh, one of the vent window latches fell off for no good reason. Strike 3 for the window latch.

I have to do the same thing with my 145 single carb when it?s hot. Floor it! That?s normal :)

Another reminder :) Any news?

Back