• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Need help with camming b200e

Bushy

Hi guys

Iv got a b200e and bought a H cam iv been told a couple different things

1 is no I can not just bolt it in and shim it that I need a distributor and fuel vane to suit ? Is this true?

Or can I bolt it in and everything will be fine aslong as I shim it if need be?

Just plop it in and see if you notice a difference. It won’t explode, but probably idle a bit rough. A cam swap is like a 30 min job max on a 240 so you could easily swap back if you don’t like it. Pull the fan belts and fan, pop the timing cover off, zip tie the timing belt to the cam gear, undo the cam gear and hang it by the belt, pull the valve cover and pull the cam.

Just poke a feeler gauge in there and make sure the lash is within spec +/- 0.1mm.

It will be sluggish/weak at low rpm, especially on a 2.0L without increased compression, but it'll work fine. Set the valve clearances loose to help idle quality and off idle torque, like .45-.5mm if you can. You can run it with tighter clearances just fine, it'll just idle worse though. Advancing the cam timing 2-4 degrees if you have an adjustable gear will also help lower rpm pull. Run it!

Ideally the head would be shaved 1mm or more with a thinner headgasket if necessary to make the most of it.

Back