• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My Latest $75 aqquisiton

The chap that owned it, just could not afford to run it anymore.

The road tax was ?200 a year, his insurance was ?400 a year.

He also has a 164 which is tax exempt so ?0 road tax, and on classic insurance is ?98 a year.

He only does 2000 miles a year so the 164 was the car to keep so he didnt have to spend out much what with these tough economic times.

I'm toying with removing the engine and sticking it in my other 940 that i picked up last year. (I dont use this car, its kept as an emergency backup vehicle for anyone to use should there main car go down)

black940saloon.jpg

I paid ?200/$300 for this 97 940 Turbo Auto which is bloody mint, it was going to be scrapped as the owner couldnt afford the fuel and despite trying to sell it, got no offers at all. I was going to break it and make some cash, but its too nice an example to bin.

I need to get rid of the grey 940 16v shell to reclaim drivespace, so i thought making the 940 turbo a 16v and leaving the intercooler stuff in place, would make for an easy LPT 16v setup sometime down the road when i'm bored. Plus it would get the 16v engine out of the corner of my garage.

But any suggestions welcome, i allready have 1 project car which keeps me busy, dont really need 2.

Last edited:
Mate that is one sweeet deal! Remember many years ago when I bought a 850 GLT for my missus - you get some bargans ..... and Not.

I think the 16v Clutch Bits Pedal, slave and lines are going to be sold to Ryan, i would have kept them as spares for myself, but i hear its one thing ryan needs to get his project started.

The engine i have a few people interested in it for quite a nice chunk of cash due to its 16v ness ,its low mileage and it being a volvo rebuild. So feel free to submit an offer for it.

I've barely had time to start playing with it, allthough i did unbolt the front seats to get a trapped coins and found near enough ?12 or $18 the other day. Which was nice.

throttle cable is volvo NLA .... i could really do with the ignition setup , dizzy and ecus for mine

i was mostly interested in the clutch setup too , well , im having a clearout of engines , if i get another one i want the car attatched to it lol...

ill have a think and submit ....

Back