• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 no start lh2.4 no fuel stuck in parking lot

olov

doing something stupid
So my 940 drove fine for 6 months now no fuel have spark. Lh2.4 93 940, was going to look at the fuel pump relay but I have an empty slot in front of the coke can light out relay. Is it somewhere else? None of the wires at the pump get 12v with key on. Can I send 12v straight to the pump? I have 4 wires going in black, brown, pink and grey/white

Ty for the help

edit: so it seems like the ground wire was having connection problems, not the power wire. so i cut the ground wire under the car, and wrapped it around a bolt for the fuel pump bracket and it's been working fine for two months

Last edited:
Fat pink and black are fuel pump. Pink is positive, black neg.
Your relay should be there unless it was rewired. Then youre on your own.

Your relay should be there unless it was rewired. Then youre on your own.

Yeah, that stumped me too, the car is pretty much stock as far as I can tell and it ran fine before so I was hoping there was another location for the relay bc it's not where it should be. Will check under at the main

yeah, there's like four relays that say hella on them - guessing that's headlights/etc. one 6 prong black one in the back but it looked fine on the inside. there's two empty spots on the relay board and the spot directly in front of the coke can is empty without any plugs on the backside

but i got home, ran a wire from the fuse box to the main fuel pump. now i guess i'll hunt down the relay by taking the interior apart

Ok, so it looks like my fuelpump relay is the blue one 4 prong, front row fourth from the left. The relay works, it clicks on with the key for a second or two then clicks off. It's getting 12v constant and key on like it should. And I tried two other relays that did the same thing. Tjoughts?

Use a jumper from 87 to 30 to supply power to the pump....

Got your test light? Use it to verify that power gets where it belongs.

Test light with an incandescent light bulb won't tell lies as will a DVOM that can sense 12 Volts through your body for a resistor that obviously won't operate any electrical circuit.

well it seems to be working(guess once it primes and builds pressure it cuts off the pump).......wondering if that's the signal of an ecu on it's wayout

Do you have spark?
If the pumps prime, but no spark or fuel, it could be the CAS. If the pumps run when you crank, the CAS is fine, and the problem is elsewhere.
RSR? Are you getting power to the injectors?

Pump should prime, then shut off after 2-3 seconds as part of normal LH2.4 operation (assuming LH2.4, not a regina car here).

If you can hardwire the pump on and the car runs, I'd guess the relay may not be passing enough current due to burned contacts. If hardwiring the pump on and the car won't start, there's another issue.
Given the ECM is controlling the relay correctly, but the power isn't making it where it should, that makes the relay control side circuit fine, inputs to the ECM appear to be working.
Given you have spark (assuming it's consistent here), your RPM sensor is fine.
Suppression relay has no effect on the pump operation.

So it is now running?

yeah, after i straight wired the main pump to get it home, took the interior apart tracing wires to a different relay than everyone suggested, i tested it's voltage/etc, and it worked. so basically i did nothing and it fixed itself

so what's that mean?

Back