• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear suspension woes .

haltechsupra

Car is running great, except a warm seeping water pump which I'm replacing today. I have noticed one problem getting worse. When i punch it my car makes a move for the left, let off it makes a move to the right, like i have rear steering. It appears that the two Pan hard rods(?) have rubber bushings in the front that bolt to the chassis that are busted/ cracked. That's the only thing i can see under the car that's not perfect. Where can i get aftermarket bushings for these two bars to help it go straight again? Bad enough to have to counter for tire spin, but now it feels like I'm driving around with et street wrinkle walls with about 12 psi of air.HELP.

Take them off and go to a 4x4 shop and have them make you up a set of adjustable torque rods with hiem joint ends and you will be way better off. I have been needing to do that but I keep spacing on getting it done.

Otherwise get a new set of OEM rubber bushings and run those. Maybe make a custom set out of delrin.

I was thinking of going to a tractor supply place and getting two of those adjustable hiem joints that usually go on accessories that run off the pto on farm tractors. (Going back to my kid days on a farm).

Torque rods, yes, pan hard rod runs side to side- yes?

Suspenders

We are talking solid back axle here not the IRS setup, are we?

IIRC getting those bushes out is a good game (not) unless you take the whole bang-shoot off when you can burn them out with a torch, and then press the new ones in with a bench vice. But maybe I misremember, I have not done it only read it.

You broke a torque rod! Welcome to the club.... You're long overdue.

I'm using very large quality rod ends that Bill Scribner made up for me. Pay once to do it right.

Long overdue Kool-Aid should be visiting shortly!

Back