• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wheel size needed for 355mm brakes

For the brakes: Not sure if I'd trust a place that cannot take the time to add the pertinent information on their website regarding minimum clearance needed.

I dig the wheels, good price if the quality is as good as they claim.

I can barely clear certain 17" wheels with my 13" rotors and evo 8 brembos.
You're probably going to have to run a 18".

I'm fine with that. Don't want to go above 18 though.

For the brakes: Not sure if I'd trust a place that cannot take the time to add the pertinent information on their website regarding minimum clearance needed.

I dig the wheels, good price if the quality is as good as they claim.

I had that thought too. However, if you can find me another place that sells 355mm brake kits for 940's, I'll give you a cookie.
Forgestar is renowned for how well their wheels are built, some of the strongest out there.

What imagined reason is it that makes you believe you need 14" brake discs?

If you need 'em you need 'em. So just buy 'em then worry about wheels.

Because 315 R-comps + track = sad small brakes and happy big brakes

I've got a line on BBS RS 17" wheels with a 20et. But those would be summers. Would hate to loose the 15" multispokes, but if these could fit under a hydra, I'd swap to hydras for winter.

They look awesome. My car brakes pretty firmly as is, but I can imagine how much better these modulate (the most important part of braking!) and ultimately stop. So much want. But so much $$..... we'll see.

Do you think the 1k price is too high compared to a homebrew setup?

The price is pretty good. I am willing to bet I spent more than that much on the parts for my avalanche Wildwood setup. Calipers are expensive at $280+ each.

Makes me wonder who makes their rotors and if those calipers are real of knock offs.

Used Wilwoods are cheap and plentiful, and most easily rebuildable.

New of the right size retail for around $170 each
For that price I'd expect 2 piece as in aluminum hat and flat rotors. A pair of flat rotors at 13 to 14" is $350

pads from $65 to whatever

And hats are about $120 each
$965 with good pads, leaving the simple adaptors

They can't be $200 for adaptors..

And that would be a much better and lighter set up.

New of the right size retail for around $170 each
For that price I'd expect 2 piece as in aluminum hat and flat rotors. A pair of flat rotors at 13 to 14" is $350

pads from $65 to whatever

And hats are about $120 each
$965 with good pads, leaving the simple adaptors

They can't be $200 for adaptors..

And that would be a much better and lighter set up.

I agree, especially on the bit about rotors. 1 piece cast 355x32mm rotors are CRAZY heavy, and it's in a place where 5-10lbs can make a big difference in how the car drives.

My guess though is those are using the stock S60R rotors, which are cheap and plentiful, off the shelf at most parts stores, thus allowing them a higher profit margin while still having the 330mm BBK status. Honestly, yes, I have the S60R rotors as well, definitely heavy, but for the $65 each they can be had for, vs. several hundred between hats and rotors, plus easy availability at the chain stores, for the budget crowd they are worth it.

Also gotta factor in about $80 worth of plumbing bits there John, at least at retail pricing. Adapters are way easy as well.

The site lists them as being willwood authentic, and using willwood pads. Guess it's a reasonable price, as $200 for adapters is pretty normal, no?

Back