• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

tunerpro start up guide?

90volvo

sorry, meant tunerstudio. I I have microsquirt all hooked up and have tunerstudio on laptop. Im having a hard time getting it lined out. I need some base settings. .The base tune it came with seems to be way off and it wont idel with it. I have calibrated the sensors and believe they are correct. I have read the m.s. guide etc. I know every engine is different as far as tuning. But the base settings should be close. I just need to get in the ball park and then Ill work on tuning. I apologize if this thread seems out of place or? HAve a blessed day.

Last edited:
That was it, have tuner studio setup. Looks pretty simple. I calibrated everything put basic info in (engine size-injector size), tried starting. spits and sputters. So I stopped, Id say timing is probably off. I check it. Which was a guide to get me in ballpark for volvo 2.3 with turbo. Tunerstudio and tunerpro are quite similiar.

Last edited:
Can anybody help with basic setting TunerStudio? Here’s my info
Volvo b230 +T -e85-650cc high imp.- aem f.p.- 3in ex- v cam- 9.5 comp. running 60/2 cps (stock 2.4 setup)- npr.
Ignition and fuel setting is what I need. Car won’t run on the base tune that came with m.s. 2. Spits and sputters when try start. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Spark mode is this correct? Shouldn't it be set to dizzy?

Is start rpm correct? 450 seems quite high?

I'm also not so sure abt your ignition map being set on zero in such low rpm's try some 10 or 12 degrees?
Maybe even more than that...

But I didn't tune any redblocks till now only whiteblock :p

Last edited:
You should read both the hardware and tunerstudio setup manuals before you start ****ing with things and asking questions on here.

I have read them long time ago. So I went back and read them again. Sorry. if asking for help bothers you. I have read all the info. IT doesnt give you basic info to start and the base map the m.s. came with was setup for V8. I appreciate you taking the time and at least looking at the thread. Im willing to admit I need help. Thats a step most people wont do.

Last edited:
I don't know the settings for using the tooth gearing with LH2.4, but for initial startup on mine I set the timing to fixed at 10 degrees. I then adjusted the distributor to match that with a timing light. Not sure it's the same with your setup.

Once I got it to turn over and the timing was correct I adjusted the fuel up and down based upon my O2 sensor.

Then I took it to a tuner/dyno.

Take a look at the manuals again, lots of information in there. There are also a lot of youtube videos on the subject.

I don't know the settings for using the tooth gearing with LH2.4, but for initial startup on mine I set the timing to fixed at 10 degrees. I then adjusted the distributor to match that with a timing light. Not sure it's the same with your setup.

Once I got it to turn over and the timing was correct I adjusted the fuel up and down based upon my O2 sensor.

Then I took it to a tuner/dyno.

Take a look at the manuals again, lots of information in there. There are also a lot of youtube videos on the subject.

Thank you for your help. This is plug n play, which mayhbe I need to set it up as dizzy instead of 60/2.

I changed the timing to 10 no luck just sputters. Question, Im running 2.4lh stock ignition with plug and play m.s. What should my ignition set there is not just a distrubitor setting. know that 60/2 probably not right. People are saying use base map that came with m.s. but it was way off for a v8. So dont think thats a good idea. At least I know that. Basically I had to start a new project, Im gonna search for some local help unless someone on here is willing.

Currently looking into some mapping for redblock but not being megasquirt.

Cranking rpm should be 400 and ignition angle during cranking 10 degrees.

Trigger should be 60/2 and first trigger tooth should be 5th, trigger angle 60 degrees.

Did you set sensor type to VR?

Is it possible to use injectors in batch during cranking?

Last edited:
Back