• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone with Bosch -016 vs. Mitsubishi E5T50271 MAF knowledge?

Continental drift

Hello! My 945 project is in need of a big MAF for injector update, and I've been looking at different options. While I could just move the existing -016 parts over to a larger barrel, I would rather have a prepared unit so the transplant could be done quickly (and undone if need be); as it is a daily driver, I can't have it unserviceable for more than a weekend.

I bought a Chinese -012 knockoff a while back but found it just too dodgy for my taste. I also have a leftover Bosch-licensed Mitsubishi MAF from a Mazda engine project. Externally it's a close match to the Bosch unit, and the ground and power pins match too so at least it probably won't fry anything if I tried it with LH2.4. I'd imagine Mitsubishi wouldn't bother licensing a design just to greatly mess with it.

However, I wouldn't like to turn my Volvo into a guinea pig before asking if anyone has better knowledge of similarities and differences between the two. If not, I'll try it once I get a bit more engine sensors in (wideband lambda, EGT) and see how it fares.

Back