• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

O2 sensor relocation

yambox142

I have a 142 with a B230FT swap. I have fabricated a 3" downpipe and I needed to relocate the O2 sensor bung, 3 inches further down the pipe, for clearance. Is this going to effect the sensors readings? I can fix the bung now, if its a problem (with some imagination)... I didn't want to fully install without getting some opinions form you lovely folks.

Yam

I have a 142 with a B230FT swap. I have fabricated a 3" downpipe and I needed to relocate the O2 sensor bung, 3 inches further down the pipe, for clearance. Is this going to effect the sensors readings? I can fix the bung now, if its a problem (with some imagination)... I didn't want to fully install without getting some opinions form you lovely folks.

Yam

I run my o2 sensor in the middle of the down pipe, should get the same reading just .0002 seconds slower then before.

I wanna saw the recommended o2 sensor placement is like 2 feet from the turbo anyways but anywhere back there will do

I run my o2 sensor in the middle of the down pipe, should get the same reading just .0002 seconds slower then before.

I wanna saw the recommended o2 sensor placement is like 2 feet from the turbo anyways but anywhere back there will do

Awesome! Looks like it will be a good weekend working on the box.
Thanks.

Before you weld that bad boy in make sure to do a quick search on how to positionate them. If done wrong they won't last long.

The sensor should be oriented above the centerline of the exhaust pipe (i.e. bung on the top half of the tube) so it doesn't retain moisture, which could kill it in a hurry.

The sensor should not be located on the outside or a bend.

Use a long bung so the sensor is not directly in the flow.

Wire the O2 sensor power supply to the fuel pump relay so the sensor turns off when the motor is not running.

Back