• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I know.. twin turbo B230f

Now I ask this, while "interesting" may have come from a word that meant important it still does not mean the exact same thing. Because a frog came from a tadpole doesn't make the frog a tadpole. Just because something started as A doesn't mean that it can't turn into B. In fact that is kinda how things work, they evolve.

OP if you do end up making this a reality please make a build thread.

:roll:
No, I posted the ethymology first and the definition after (wich is the modern one).
The devolution of language is not evolution.

So:
19789999.jpg

AND AAAAAAAGAAAAAAAIN!

WHY IS IT INTERESTING?

explain what you think this means

Gladly.

I shouldn't have used the phrase "devolution of language", but the "devolution in the mastery of (any given) language".

Yes, semantic shifting happens, the languages and the meaning of words change over time, there is nothing we can do aboutit and there is nothing wrong with that.

BUT

We think using language.
One could theorise that a lack of understanding of the language they are using to think could lead to cognitive problems..... like stuffing two turbos on a redblock AND being interested in that process.

Last edited:
perhaps devolution is not what you mean, just a decrease

devolution is a word that isn't working here, or many places at all

Yep, you are right, not the best choice of word, not at all.

What to you think about the highlited part here? (From Antidote V4.1)

1. Borrowing from Medieval Latin devolutio, ‘a rolling down’; from Classical Latin devolutus meaning ‘rolled down’, past participle of devolvere, ‘to roll down’.
2. From de⁠- and (e)volution; from Classical French ?volution, ‘evolution’; from Classical Latin evolutio, ‘an unrolling’; from Classical Latin evolutus meaning ‘unrolled’, past participle of evolvere, ‘to unroll’.

- when a central government transfers or delegates power to a group or authority at a lower, more local level — The small towns demanded fair devolution.

legal – the legal transfer of property from one owner to another, especially when the first owner has passed away

formal – the descent to successive stages — the devolution of proper etiquette

biology – degeneration

Yep, you are right, not the best choice of word, not at all.

What to you think about the highlited part here? (From Antidote V4.1)

1. Borrowing from Medieval Latin devolutio, ‘a rolling down’; from Classical Latin devolutus meaning ‘rolled down’, past participle of devolvere, ‘to roll down’.
2. From de⁠- and (e)volution; from Classical French ?volution, ‘evolution’; from Classical Latin evolutio, ‘an unrolling’; from Classical Latin evolutus meaning ‘unrolled’, past participle of evolvere, ‘to unroll’.

- when a central government transfers or delegates power to a group or authority at a lower, more local level — The small towns demanded fair devolution.

legal – the legal transfer of property from one owner to another, especially when the first owner has passed away

formal – the descent to successive stages — the devolution of proper etiquette

biology – degeneration

i think descent to successive stages is an implication of a quantal hierarchy instead of gradual be-dumbimg of communication , and if you just mean corruptive simplification, you are guilty of corruptive complication by using words that barely get point across instead of clear, direct choices.

devolution does create a nice symmetry and rhythym when used with evolution in a sentence

when calling out dumbassersy, perhaps forego the poetic embellishment, as it sure to be lost
on the dumbass himself.

unless you’re considering a compound setup with a small turbo feeding into a larger one.

Compound turbos generally feed the other way. A small turbo upstream would choke the larger one. Ideally you want a large turbo running at a relatively low pressure to move a high volume of air into a smaller unit which is used for higher pressure. For example, If you're running a large turbo (high vol, low press) at 10psig then it is responsible for the work of increasing your intake pressure to 24.7psia. Then you might set the smaller turbo (lower vol, higher press) to operate at pressure ratio 2, therefore running the smaller turbo in its area of peak efficiency and achieving 49.4psia (34.7psig) while splitting the work nicely between the two. Compare that to trying to push 34.7 pounds of boost from a single turbo. In most cases running a single at 34 while maintaining a reasonable powerband would be well outside it's peak efficiency and you would generate a lot of excess heat.

But how many people are really trying to run a 35psi redblock anyway?

Last edited:
They will do high pressure but only at high revs
Forget all the bling-bling , build an engine that makes decent na power , use a big-ish turbo , and even stock ( late ) internals will survive rather high hp numbers
You dont even need bigger valves , but porting is a must on any 8 valve head
If you are the kind of guy that prefer the t cam , or really think you need adjustable gears just to run the a-b-k-h cam , forget it......

Compound turbos are an excellent way to reduce turbo lag as well. This has me considering this for our 302 draw through 242 now...

Compound turbos generally feed the other way. A small turbo upstream would choke the larger one. Ideally you want a large turbo running at a relatively low pressure to move a high volume of air into a smaller unit which is used for higher pressure. For example, If you're running a large turbo (high vol, low press) at 10psig then it is responsible for the work of increasing your intake pressure to 24.7psia. Then you might set the smaller turbo (lower vol, higher press) to operate at pressure ratio 2, therefore running the smaller turbo in its area of peak efficiency and achieving 49.4psia (34.7psig) while splitting the work nicely between the two. Compare that to trying to push 34.7 pounds of boost from a single turbo. In most cases running a single at 34 while maintaining a reasonable powerband would be well outside it's peak efficiency and you would generate a lot of excess heat.

But how many people are really trying to run a 35psi redblock anyway?

This is what I was referring to. The compound setup on a 2jz .

big little ...little big... it?s still a better than two rinkydink turbos on a tractor motor.

https://youtu.be/y-Me6yWApzY

I thought Porsche had some success with 2 turbos as did BMW 335i.

Yeah, Porsche did and still does. See below.

The 335 is a twin turbo straight six. Makes a lot more sense than a twin turbo 4 (not saying don't do it however). 335i's and 535i's were by far the best move BMW ever made. 335i's are seriously lively stock and tuneable to a far greater degree than the M3. Never mind that N54's are plentiful and cheap compared to that S65 V8 which runs the same risks of rod bearing faliure as it's big brother S85.

Never done in any serious competition.
Nope.

In: "Any serious competition"?

Uhh.... 935, 961, 962, GT2RS, Ferrari F40, GTR Nismo GT3, Audi R10 TDI?

Sure, those are all 6's or 8's, but let's make sure we are clear. ;-)

TT 4's don't make much sense, but it may based on packaging. V4's (Honda, Saab) or flat fours (Honda, Subaru, Porsche)?

My dream for a smooth 300hp has been to modify the bmw E60 twin turbo for a red block.

How about this? 960 engine and transmission with the S80 twin turbo setup? You could....

1) Just buy a 960! A pre odb2 one might be better based on where you're living.
2) Transplant one into a 240,
3) or even better, transplant one into 7/940. They'll drop right it!

Last edited:
BTW, there was a dude in NW Europe that did a twin 16T 16v. The reason was because 16T's are cheap, relatively plentiful used, and easily rebuilt.

Back