• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Which Turbo? 300bhp Redblock

swizzy

Hey Guys,
i am looking for a new turbo around europe. My Specs are written further down.
The problem is that all turbos i was looking at (ex: t3/t04e 50trim) were in the states and would cost over 200bucks to ship to europe. Does anyone know a good seller for a t3 flange internally gated turbo which support 300horses?

Specs atm:
- unopened b230fk with 250kilometers
- 530 head with a bit of bowl work, shaved 0.5mm and a V-Cam with new valve springs (stock)
- Ebay T3/T04e China-Trim A/R .50 / A/R .63 at 17psi
- 3" DP - 3" 200cell cat - 2.5" Simons exhaust (2 mufflers)
- 012 maf / 440cc Green Giants injectors
- Stoni´s chips (lh/ezk)
- Kl-Racing Intercooler
- Snowperformence Water/Meth Injection (starts at 6Psi)
- TTV Racing Flywheel with 850R Clutch
- Bosch WR5DC+

I'm actually pretty happy with the Ebay-Turbo but i want to have a good option if it fails.
I am willing to spend around 800-1000 euros. i need to stay on the stock 90+ manifold (milled to t3) and internal wastegate.

thanks in advance to the europe brickers.

Cheers from Switzerland

Being on that side of the pond I would search the JohnV Special .63AR Cosworth T3 Turbine housing in conjunction with an appropriate T4 Cold Side to match your goals. You could even use an Ebay Turbo for the cold side.

I don’t know where you got the 17psi figure from but any turbo on an 8v without the help of nitrous is going to require much more than 20psi to hit 300.

Perhaps a gt3076 or one of the borg Warner efr’s?

Old school a t40e 50 trim or if you could source a manifold, the 16g6 from an evo8

I don?t know where you got the 17psi figure from but any turbo on an 8v without the help of nitrous is going to require much more than 20psi to hit 300.

Perhaps a gt3076 or one of the borg Warner efr?s?

Old school a t40e 50 trim or if you could source a manifold, the 16g6 from an evo8

you got me wrong. i'm not expecting 300bhp at 17psi. i want a better turbo to run more boost. i guess the china blower will explode at 20psi+.

gt3076 are avaible around europe, but seem pretty big?!

efr's are nice but i don't want to spend 2000euros for a turbo.

What are you looking for with the car? An all around performer or drag strip only? IMHO holsets are peaky turbos that only reach full spool near 4-4.5k and then you hit the red limit of 6000 and it’s all over. The redblock with an 8v head doesn’t flow a lot of air. Getting to 300 is going to require a big turbo with lots of boost. You’ll be straining the **** out of the motor and anything that’s attached to it. Have you considered a 16v swap? The head gives you a big head start in terms of reaching your magic number. And this is going to be done using chips?

What are you looking for with the car? An all around performer or drag strip only? IMHO holsets are peaky turbos that only reach full spool near 4-4.5k and then you hit the red limit of 6000 and it?s all over. The redblock with an 8v head doesn?t flow a lot of air. Getting to 300 is going to require a big turbo with lots of boost. You?ll be straining the **** out of the motor and anything that?s attached to it. Have you considered a 16v swap? The head gives you a big head start in terms of reaching your magic number. And this is going to be done using chips?

Well it's a street car and is for fun purpose. i don't care about the magic number haha. but to be honest, i hit 250bhp with a restrictiv 20T and VX3 Cam and i do not think that 300 at the flywheel are a big deal.

no way to go 16V. it still has to look stock because i don't want to go to jail! Switzerland is pretty strict.

Back