• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EZK Daughterboard issues!

HighMans

Hello all!

Just installed a Daughterboard on to my '91 740 Turbo EZK ( 0 227 400 148). I've checked all the solder joints, the placement is correct (Left pin empty when facing daughterboard.)

I can run it from the onboard chip, however it won't run when using the custom chip.

The board is from classicswede.

The board is installed like this?
EZK116-PROM-Daughterboard-Installation.jpg

If so, from the back of the EZK box with the cover removed, check that the notch in the EPROM is on the left. OK?

If OK, look at each row of pins on the EPROM carefully and make sure that none of them have rolled under instead of going into the socket correctly.

The board is installed like this?
EZK116-PROM-Daughterboard-Installation.jpg

If so, from the back of the EZK box with the cover removed, check that the notch in the EPROM is on the left. OK?

If OK, look at each row of pins on the EPROM carefully and make sure that none of them have rolled under instead of going into the socket correctly.

Yep, as far as I can see the board is installed correctly, the eeprom is correctly installed, and all the sockets are in their place. Can't do any testing at the moment since the valve cover's off -- waiting for a new one.

If you've changed something, you could try pulling the diag codes with key on engine off (probe in hole #6). If you get a 1-1-1 from the EZK, the EPROM is working.

Edit: on second thought, I'm not sure what the correct EPROM orientation is on the aftermarket boards. On the original Bosch daughter cards, the EPROM notch goes to the left. The aftermarket boards should show the notch on the chip outline drawing. There should also be a dot, or a square silver pad, for pin 1.

Edit2: I just looked it up -- the notch goes to the right on the Bijlsma aftermarket boards:
http://bijlsmatechnicalinnovations.nl/ezk-daughterboard.html

Last edited:
Back