• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+t engine management questions

studmuffed

Hey all, I was wondering what the cheapest way to convert a NA car to turbo on the engine management side of things? I have injectors from a FWD turbo Volvo already and I also have the Yoshifab eprom EZK board. My understanding is that board solders to the ignition computer? I bought that chip before I really knew how it worked (foolishly, I know). I am not afraid of soldering or tuning at all, just wondering what solution would be the best bang for buck.

ECU is a 561 white label box
Not sure about ignition box

PS - Does the MAF need to be before or after the intercooler?

What year / model do you have?

In general the easiest way is to buy an LH and EZK box from a turbo car and replace the two n/a computers currently in your car.

MAF should be pre turbo like it is in a factory Volvo turbo setup.

It's a '92 240 sedan. I don't care about easy. I just want it to be cheap and have room for expansion.

And by pre turbo do you mean in between air filter and turbo intake?

Ok, you have LH2.4 / EZ-116K engine management.

The cheapest way to convert to turbo engine management is to buy an LH and EZK box from a turbo car with LH2.4 / EZ-116K and swap them into your car (740T or 940T).

The alternative is to go to a standalone EMS like Megasquirt/Microsquirt or others, but they are not as cheap as switching to OE turbo computers. Some of the LH/EZK boxes are chippable which give you some expandability.

Yes the MAF should go between the air filter and turbo inlet.

What are your goals for your build?

Great thanks! I think I'll try to find a chippable turbo box so I have more headroom. Right now, I just want to make just under the amount of power that will blow up a M47, but eventually, I'd like 300ish whp.

Back