• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Virgo Repair?

jfs356

Anyone had a Virgo that is slightly out of round repaired by a wheel shop?
What was the cost and were results worth it? Thanks!

I had a set of Corona wheels restored at Wheel Collision Center in Pa. They do great work. Average price of $100 +/-. I also had Virgos repaired at a local shop here in NYC. Same price but not exactly the same results. The wheels came back true but the painted finish was not as great as I would have liked. Also I can tell they ground down some of the lip to make it straight while WCC welded in where necessary. Big difference.

PS Ask many questions as to how they handle curb rash, grinding vs welding and filling in. Also how to they finish the wheel. Base coat/clear coat or powder coat.

I have also used Wheel Collision Center in Danbury, CT about 3 years ago.
Not for restoration, but only for straightening. No complaints.

Steel wheels $50.
Alloy wheels $100.

Another set of Virgos will cost at least $100 just to ship. Then you'll have 4 more bent wheels as this wheel is known to bend easily.

Another set of Virgos will cost at least $100 just to ship. Then you'll have 4 more bent wheels as this wheel is known to bend easily.

Volvo Virgo wheels are tough but do suffer from bending due to road hazards. Last time I checked it was more like about $125-150 a wheel to repair. I would repair the wheel. Personally, with how much less common all these parts are nowadays. I would not sell a set of Virgos for $100 a set. But that is me and I appreciate the quality and value of these parts. It's probably also why no one buys my parts because I ask fair market value for most of them. :lol:

There?s a set for $700 on Craigslist in Connecticut! Granted they have what looks like good tires but it ?seems? expensive. I also just picked up 6 excellent hydra?s for $75 so I?m spoiled.
Wheel collision center in PA does do nice work

Nice score. People here are spoiled by the $500 volvo perception. I asked $400 for my set of hydra wheels which are really nice and no one was seriously interested. The euro guys spoke up and said that they would be sold and gone if they were in Europe. It's ok because with the inflation we are experiencing. It will drag up prices for everything.

Judging by your FS ads you're in OH right? I haven't had Virgos worked on there but I've had really good experiences having other wheels straightened by Wheel Medic here in Columbus.

Volvo Virgo wheels are tough but do suffer from bending due to road hazards.

I Recall reading that the Alloy that Virgo's are made of are quite soft - so they end up out of round decently easily compared to most other wheels.

But then, I wonder if that's a difference between German Virgo's and Norwegian Virgo's maybe?

I bent two of my virgos when I hit a brick I didn't see in the road. Those are the only casualty with virgos that I've had. I did bend a Borbet Type E once as well. Which are really strong heavy wheels. So the roads we drive on can ruin anything.

Thanks for all the replies, I found a couple of shops locally that will repair a Virgo, going price in this area is $100 per wheel to straighten.
Store employee was incredulous at a 15x6 alloy wheel, "how old are those and what kind of car did they come on"?

LOL plus you would have to tell him to mount the tires with the wheel upside down. I think they were one of the nicest looking wheels on a new car in the 80s.

Back