• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1+1=245

I actually like doing wiring on most days:shh:
However, I was stressed out because I didnt know if the parts I was putting in were any good...

Idle really smoothed out and the throttle response seems to be quicker. I sort of feels like going from carbureted car to a fuel injected (but not as drastic)
- ie getting on and off the throttle the car seems to react faster.

I recommend EZK to anyone with the Chrysler setup
nothing but benefits
- responds to throttle better
- cleaner looking engine bay
- easier to +T
- 70s tech vs 80s tech
- parts are more available

got some parts back from powder coating

- suspension
- 16v valve cover for later
- turbo coolant bracket
- 3rd seat self retracting/adjusting seatbelt brackets
- tow hook

IMG_4766_zps32992da8.jpg

Just finished installing one of the 3rd seat self retracting seatbelts. I had these for over a year now :oops: but never installed them because I wanted to get the base powder coated
AND .... the seatbelt latches are different from the manual adjustable ones . Make sure you grab the seat latches if you find these at a JY. I didnt :pow:and had to find a set that would both fit with the seat folded and latch. I ended up using S40 rear seat belt latches.

IMG_4771_zps077cc436.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I will get in touch.
Your old wagon got crushed about a week ago. Did you suddenly wake up sweating? Update your thread already so everyone can tell you what you are doing wrong:-P
surprised you weren't at Davis
btw those are your old control arms with bushings (now with reinforcement plates)

my original block started knocking really bad this morning
after considering doing a full 16v swap I decided against it for now. I don't have all the parts or a good b230ft block

I'm going to use a what I have
150k b21ft block
ported b230ft head with 90+ mani and 15g turbo and B cam

just ordered a
turbo rebuild kit
earling HG and other gaskets from eeuroparts

Last edited:
I have my next weekend set to do this. Hopefully I will have all the parts by then.

picked all this today for $45 (excluding turbo and downpipe) included in the deal were powder coated IC pipes - I don't know how I feel about them yet
Not sure if i got the right - closest to turbo - IC pipe ?
IMG_4839_zps8b239096.jpg

Also started to strip old paint from the block
IMG_4838_zps9a87a31f.jpg

Nice deal half off day at the JY? Too bad they snag all the cats by any means necessary, I eventually lucked out and found a 940 with a straight pipe exhaust system, that's the only way I could find a non-mangled downpipe. d

Looks like the IC piping from a 740 with the Peirburg.

Stripped and painted the block
I used "Easy-Off" over cleaner to prep the block.
Spray on and let sit for 30min. Come back with pressure washer and wash everything off - make sure not to get water into the block( I had the engine upside down)
Dry off with leaf blower
Repeat.
Go over rust spots with wire brush.
Spray everything down with brake cleaner.
Paint

Before paint
IMG_4846_zps82dc4cbf.jpg

IMG_4845_zps4ad7405d.jpg

After paint - I used way too much on driver side -:oops: ohh well
IMG_4848_zps3bce99bc.jpg

IMG_4847_zps68e471e6.jpg

primer included.
I need to get things ready for a smooth swap over (very wishful thinking)
Starting Friday I have 3 days to get it all done, otherwise it screws up my wife's work schedule.

What are you gonna do about the smog Nazis? They aren't particularly fond of fire red pipi g.

What are you gonna do about the smog Nazis? They aren't particularly fond of fire red pipi g.
I don't need to :neener:

yesterday I removed the oil pan for painting.
found a broken crankshaft main cap bolt and what seems to be a broken chain link
engine must have been built on a Monday after a 3 day weekend- buy no damage anywhere

today I got my eBay turbo rebuilt kit so I cleaned it and replaced parts. Turbo's original brass bushings all looked good but there was just a lot of carbon buildup.

IMG_4849_zps3013a0de.jpg

IMG_4850_zps35fa387f.jpg

turbo before
IMG_4851_zps6e132262.jpg

turbo after cleaning
IMG_4852_zps74726328.jpg

old brass and finished turbo
IMG_4854_zps51cb0151.jpg

Last edited:
Back