• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Svea - 1968 220 -

So are you using any kind of intank pump? I'm thinking of just using a fuel cell with a sump on the bottom and one Bosch 044 that I have already. I'll just have to use my stock sender with whatever I get.

thats where the MrGasket pump comes in. Basically I just grabbed the carbed low pressure pump with the highest gph and used that to feed the surge tank. Then the pressure pump is fed by the surge tank which is kept full by both the pressure return from the rail and the MrGasket pump.

well, I'd want that 044 fed by something, and never starving. I picked up a surge tank kit off ebay from HWTranscend in China for about 100$ and it came with nice AN fittings, line, and a 2liter tank, that all went over fine, shipping time was about 2 weeks, so not too bad.

I'm finally getting to my wilwoods today. The plan is to hit oreillys on the way home and pick up (2) 3/8-24F to 1/8-27NPTM adapters to run my ipd lines right into the caliper. So hopefully a big update tomorrow.

I never could find an adapter with the right flare to do it that way. I looked everywhere I could think to look and even went to a local speed shop/Wilwood dealer and he didn't even have anything. Wilwood makes one but the flare is wrong. I ended up having custom Spiegler hoses made with 1/8-27 fittings on one end which was pretty cheap. Like $70 for two.

I never could find an adapter with the right flare to do it that way. I looked everywhere I could think to look and even went to a local speed shop/Wilwood dealer and he didn't even have anything. Wilwood makes one but the flare is wrong. I ended up having custom Spiegler hoses made with 1/8-27 fittings on one end which was pretty cheap. Like $70 for two.

craptastic, so what are the fittings on the IPD lines?

They're 3/8-24 but the only fittings I could find were female inverted flare like this:

L2-01.jpg

took apart the front brakes, and looks like I'll just make up a line using the original tube nut to a female inverted flare and run that to an adapter in the caliper... Now I just gotta test fit the caliper with my 15" wheels, looks like it should clear the welds in the rim by about 1/8" maybe 1/4" so it should fit... but I might need 15mm spacers to get the rib in the barrel to clear. It got too dark to keep working last night so, more tinkering tonight.

Well, the willwoods fit behind 15" US Steel trailer wheels! BARELY! With the stock rotors still on the hubs, and the caliper mounted I just barley touch the bleeders with the bump in the barrel, but since the rotor hats act as a 1/4" spacer, the calipers are about 1/4" from touching. I guess I wont be running on gravel until I get some 17"s or 18"s on it, but I should be able to take it to IPD!

Awesome man!
And no, the low clearance is with the dodge wheels I'm running

those must be some thick cast wheels but they look awesome! I had thought about running a set like those, but ultimately I want to run a 17" or 18"... the 18s might look silly, but the 17s on andrew and keith's amazon's look great.

Well I got the wilwoods on this weekend. Everything went pretty smoothly and I must say that the improvement is definitely noticable.
IMG_2722%255B1%255D.JPG

And they didnt really clear the 15's as much as expected. I ended up just barely touching between the rib in the rim barrel and the area around the bleeders on the caliper. So with my fine measuring instruments (10 flat washers) I figured out that a 1/8" spacer would give me 1/16" of clearance. So I picked up a pair of 1/4" spacers and that leaves me with about 3/16" maybe a touch more of clearance.
IMG_2723%255B1%255D.JPG

Hopefully I will be able to pick up a set of oil lines for the turbo install when I head down to IPD this weekend. Next up on the to do list before IPD is oil change, transmission fluid change, clean up the engine bay, and double check all the electrical connections.

Looking good man!! Yea the dodge wheels have a super thick mounting face. Close to 1"!!!
I'm excited to see the results of this turbo addition you've been working on.

Looking good man!! Yea the dodge wheels have a super thick mounting face. Close to 1"!!!
I'm excited to see the results of this turbo addition you've been working on.

thanks!

Well I need to have my rotors turned :-( seems that its pretty common to have to do that with the 2 piece rotors. :roll:

Back