• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B200FT with a B234 16v head?

Moomaneast

Hey guys, I've got a 940 turbo 2l I want to keep the engine really so putting a 2.3 lump in isn't an option

I would love to have a 16v and I knoe the did a B204 but I've never seen one, let along a head for one, I'm wondering if a b234 head will sit on the b200 I know the bore is smaller so I'm guessing that it won't but I've heard of people swapping the 531 heads around so?

I think I've found one cheap I know it won't do a massive amount on my 2l but it will look cool and sound a bit better hopefully.

If I did want to swap it anyway are most of the ancillarys compatable with the B230 could I just swap the engine?

Cheers guys

Sound better with a 16v head? Ha ha ha haha. No it will then sound like a honda. 8v turbo redblock all out sounds the best with a straight pipe in my opinion. My opinion cause I hate hondas.

Bore on a 200 is too small for the 234 valves
You can use the head on a b21 but not on a b200/b19
The 204 head is needed , sorry

It works. Just use 2.3 gasket.
10 yrs ago I got 960 with B204FT.
Probably there was some incident
which ruined original head,
and the engine was with B234 head.
I drove it like this for quite a long time

PS: boring b200 to 96mm is a no-no

Idk about pictures, what I know is that B234F head worked fine on B204FT engine for 3+ years while being mine, and god knows how many years before I bought it. It was one of the funniest stock cars ever

There’s a picture where the b234 head does not fit a b21 so idk how a b200 would work
Does fit a B21. Had one with a supercharger.

With B200 the B234 valves won't clear the block/are really close to hitting with B234 cams and seen pictures of small machined grooves to fix that. Might not need those with B204 cams? You can just guess how far from good the flow is.

To clarify B234F and B204E cams are the same and have a little more lift than B204FT cams. I've ran B204FT cams. Later, on another 16v build I have found that B204FT cams are superior and much more fun to n/a cams for DD turbo 16v.
That is for DD, to note again.

Back