• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

7DC48430-797D-4D66-8EEF-D1F1DFE0E3C3-M.jpg

5970FEE9-F478-4334-B291-AB503DBA10B5-M.jpg

Everybody says to run them on all four corners. Pricey. I?m on the rear only right now. Anxious to try them out.
A long time ago, in a land where there was snow...

Splurged on 4 Blizzaks from the Tire Rack, pre-mounted on steel rims so I wouldn't have to dismount the summer treads. Wrong offset, fronts rubbed outer fender on turns. Anxious to go on a trip, very likely snow and mountains ahead, no time to play games at the local tire store. Put the nice alloy summers on the front and figured 2 ugly snows on the back would have to suffice. Test drive once around the block, just fine. Didn't discover any further problem until the car's fully packed, highway speeds, deadline to meet. The damn car literally wiggled several hundred miles. Steering correction, overcorrection, overcorrection... figured something was totally wrong, but could find no loose parts. Stopped at a dealership the next day for them to check it out, check the alignment, all that jazz, no one could find anything wrong. Although I distinctly recall that all those dealership dudes, in a land with zero snow, had a pretty good laugh at these funny looking rubber things on the back.

Finally called Tire Rack when I got home, said I need rims that fit better... and by the way, if it wiggles this much with just 2, do I really want to install all 4? "Oh lord, you did what? Ack. No!" I don't recall his exact words, but he explained the reason it wiggled had to do with the front and back being so different. He promised me it would behave nicely with all 4. Running just 2 snows was fine in the old days, he said. But with a modern tire designed for ice... nope.

Read classifieds in the newspaper (remember those?). Found extra stock alloys instead of the ill-fitting steel wonders, paid to have all 4 Blizzaks mounted on their new homes. I vaguely recall that Tire Rack reimbursed me because it was their fault, but certainly they took back the rims.

To my great surprise and delight, car smooth as glass, nicely predictable.

And if you ever need to know, a Mustang 5.0 will positively climb right through 5" of fresh snow with Blizzaks on all 4. :) It was stunningly good.

A long time ago, in a land where there was snow...

Splurged on 4 Blizzaks from the Tire Rack, pre-mounted on steel rims so I wouldn't have to dismount the summer treads. Wrong offset, fronts rubbed outer fender on turns. Anxious to go on a trip, very likely snow and mountains ahead, no time to play games at the local tire store. Put the nice alloy summers on the front and figured 2 ugly snows on the back would have to suffice. Test drive once around the block, just fine. Didn't discover any further problem until the car's fully packed, highway speeds, deadline to meet. The damn car literally wiggled several hundred miles. Steering correction, overcorrection, overcorrection... figured something was totally wrong, but could find no loose parts. Stopped at a dealership the next day for them to check it out, check the alignment, all that jazz, no one could find anything wrong. Although I distinctly recall that all those dealership dudes, in a land with zero snow, had a pretty good laugh at these funny looking rubber things on the back.

Finally called Tire Rack when I got home, said I need rims that fit better... and by the way, if it wiggles this much with just 2, do I really want to install all 4? "Oh lord, you did what? Ack. No!" I don't recall his exact words, but he explained the reason it wiggled had to do with the front and back being so different. He promised me it would behave nicely with all 4. Running just 2 snows was fine in the old days, he said. But with a modern tire designed for ice... nope.

Read classifieds in the newspaper (remember those?). Found extra stock alloys instead of the ill-fitting steel wonders, paid to have all 4 Blizzaks mounted on their new homes. I vaguely recall that Tire Rack reimbursed me because it was their fault, but certainly they took back the rims.

To my great surprise and delight, car smooth as glass, nicely predictable.

And if you ever need to know, a Mustang 5.0 will positively climb right through 5" of fresh snow with Blizzaks on all 4. :) It was stunningly good.

Much appreciated. Had to wonder if the industry is just trying to sell more tires or if the four-corner thing is legit. Growing up in Michigan, we used to fit the old-style "mud and snow" tires to the back of our cars each winter. Only the 4x4 guys would have them all around.

Just catching up here, could you please share your source for above knock-off replica Virgos? :)

I think they were sold through IPD at some point. I found them on FB Marketplace for cheap. The center cap hole is slightly smaller so the factory center cap won't fit without opening it up.

Raised her up on stands and hosed her down with cleaner. Dang engine oil leak.

There is so much hardware in the vicinity of the leak. I have been thinking that it was the oil pan, but now I'm hopeful that it's the oil filter plate. Possibly the o-ring to the block.

It's good to have the car in the garage again.

No snow on the mountain yet. Looking forward to doing some skiing this year.

IMG_5444-M.jpg

When do you plan to install the suspension bits? Also would you mind measuring the length of the threads on your strut tubes...wondering how much adjustment room those have.

When do you plan to install the suspension bits? Also would you mind measuring the length of the threads on your strut tubes...wondering how much adjustment room those have.

Hey,

Hoping before Davis in April. Still waiting on a few parts.

The threaded portion of the housings measure 7".

I've been giving this some thought, and came to the realization that installing a LS would solve both low-end torque and the ride-height concerns...

:lol:

Actually been driving the car this week. Ran her up the hill full of people and gear to take my niece tubing. The Blizzaks were great. B21FT is running great. Getting tired of the M47.

17E26835-A426-430E-AAD7-610677C393A6-M.jpg

I think it would make the car a lot more fun. The M47 is rather agricultural.

?19 is suspension drop, ?20 maybe wheels and tires, ?21 maybe T5.

I?ve got a spare bell housing.

Got an aluminum timing belt cover and hardware on the way to dress things up a bit. Talking to a guy about a 3" down pipe and pulling broken studs from my spare turbo to fit the big wastegate.

Its a marathon, not a sprint...

B72B3CF7-7187-4EE3-8FD3-F57105747373-M.jpg

3040FCF2-86BA-43D0-9C1F-B80E70812C80-M.jpg

Back