• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dodge Daytona 4 bar fpr

I guess my thinking on how much fuel it really takes for this turbo at 20psi is a little off. I'll just explain my thoughts on why it was reading so rich...

Knocking during onset because of lack of fuel/not enough at that rpm. Because I have sbabbs "turbo+" chip I am thinking the onset issue should be resolved.

For the next 2k rpm it pulls great, so no problems at that rpm range.

After 4k rpm, I was thinking that knock is happening, not from hearing it, but from the AFRs diving below 10 and the power lessens. And with knock enrichment it pulls timing, right? So I would definitely feel a sudden loss of power.

I'll have to swap back FPRs and let it learn before I can say what it does while slowly rolling into boost.

I haven't pulled the plugs since I put them in about 5k miles ago...

For the maf, this is my 3rd in 2 years and all of them acted the same, but the wire inside the tube broke on the first 2.

Now really though. What do I have to do to run mid 11s throughout the whole pull? I mentioned maybe I should look into an ostrich to better tune lh to my setup.

I *think* I remember reading it's basically essential to "pull" fuel out of lh on the top end. As well as smooth the map going into boost.

if your afrs are diving below 10, it's entirely possible your gauge stops reading and they're somewhere south of that even. you can absolutely drown out power at that point, so I wouldn't assume it's pulling timing due to knock. I would sooner think it's heading towards misfiring due to afrs.

why pull plugs- you got another way to get an idea of what's going on in there? what if you have 3 good injectors and one marginal injector? it may be fine at idle and cruise (low pw) but may have issues elsewhere.. not going to see that on a gauge.

as far as getting the tune right for your setup? you pretty much have to tune it yourself, and see where it's going on the map and what it's doing. far easier to do that on a dyno than on the street, but not impossible.

I will pull the plugs when I get a chance and see what they look like.

Let me see if I have a picture of when the last ones came out. Essentially doing the same thing as now with low AFRs, but no knocking anywhere in the rpm range. At 16psi

20190504_115418.jpg

I had a leaking valve cover so they are oily. Closest in pic is 1 last one is 4. Number 3 looks kinda dark?

As for tuning, sounds like an ostrich is my best bet.

I also might have to grab some Disney baby bottles and do an injector flow test.

Last edited:
That looks like a large plug gap and unless you are running a powerful ignition like an MSD those gaps need to be reduced to at least stock or less.

That looks like a large plug gap and unless you are running a powerful ignition like an MSD those gaps need to be reduced to at least stock or less.

They were large...that was after probably 20k miles of abuse. I have since gapped new ones to like .024 or something like that.

The top one is 4, next one down is 3. Looking straight at the engine 1 in front and 4 in back

Are you referring to the white deposits on the tip? 3 looks black...also with white. 4 isn't as black, but also has white ashe on it

back two look substantially richer than the front two. may want to take a look at the current plugs and see if the trend continues, that'd probably point to an issue with uneven injector flow..either too much on the back two, or not enough on the front two... lh won't know and it can't do individual cylinder trims anyway, so if it's learning lean and applying those values elsewhere could put it in a weird transient state and cause knock. #3 looks like it was boarderline ready to foul out

Good info, I'll check them out before too long. I have a 1000 mile road trip in 4 days, so I'll probably just let it ride and not boost so much...

When I get back I'll also (given the new plugs look similar) set up a flow test to see how the t5 injectors are doing.

An ostrich and learning how to use tuner pro will be in my near future.

read through the thread twice, there's a fair bit of nuance to it, but also a lot of great info in the thread

Back