• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

You have the fenders? If you need a good rust free fender I have a passenger side one off a 79 245 . NO rust on it either

A few pictures from my phone:

I put in a BMW e46 330xi shifter--turns out it's pretty ideal for length and throw.
photo+2.JPG

Intake fitted for now. I used an AEM dry flow filter.
photo+3.JPG

Getrag crossmember v2 (this time using an m47 crossmember with more exhaust clearance)
photo+2.JPG

Putting the tach and matching faces into the 91 240 cluster to work with lh2.4
photo+4.JPG

I've been too busy working on the car to update this really, but here's a quick picture of the current status.

10157412_10201822715401623_3973913988567647211_n.jpg

It runs and the driveline and brakes are all in. A lot done and a lot yet to go. Exhaust should happen next weekend.

Yay! Lookin good!

Thanks!

Brakes are bled.

It's running lean, so I was hunting down vacuum leaks, but ran out of time because this thing is way too loud to run after 9pm in the neighborhood.

Oil filter lines were leaking thanks to the included orings. Replacing with aluminum crush washers.

Hopefully tomorrow I can at least drive it down our street.

IMG_4634.png

IMG_4632.png

IMG_4618.png

IMG_4622.png

IMG_4614.png

I drove it in a circle.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L6wfakTsJzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

photo+2+%25282%2529.JPG

photo+5.JPG

I am SO excited to start driving this.

Last edited:

That's the appropriate response to Jacob's post.

And thanks! Even just driving it in a circle in the driveway was intensely satisfying. I'm still all giddy.

RACE WARS

Hey, that makes two of us driving open downpipes in the state yesterday. :lol:

I thought you had a SAM exhaust on the black car?

I have two 3" stainless steel dynomax ultraflo mufflers coming tonight, in addition to the stainless pipe, bends, flex, and vbands that are already here waiting.

I thought you had a SAM exhaust on the black car?

I have two 3" stainless steel dynomax ultraflo mufflers coming tonight, in addition to the stainless pipe, bends, flex, and vbands that are already here waiting.

When I came back from EC last October, one of the hangers gave out. Instead of driving with a sagging exhaust I removed it. It needs three new hangars welded on, unfortunately.

Also, after driving last night... I need more power. I got one hell of an itch yesterday.

The one thing that bothers me about the car is that lower rear window trim. Holy OCD activation batman.

Otherwise it's absolutely drool-inducing.

Back