• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Poll: what turbo/injector size and boost are you running on 8v b230 for 300whp?

Msi

Hello fellow TBs!!

As the title says -

What turbo/injector size and boost are you running on 8v b230 for 300whp?

Yes yes, there are sooo much more contributing factors to it, obviously (engine management, intercooler, gearbox if swapped, camshaft, heads, dyno type...)

This is a poll for ballpark numbers.

You are more than welcome to provide more info if ya feel like it. Or just what the title asks for :)

Thanks a bunch!!
Matthew.

I used 65lb injectors and dyno'd 301whp. That was on LH on a soso tune a long time ago. Turbo was an hy35cw using the stock internal WG drilled to 25mm with a larger puck welded on. This was @20psi on the stock intake manifold and custom header.

Last edited:
deka 630cc with a 55psi fpr was just enough to get past 350whp/345wtq on a b21.

edit: on 98 RON

Last edited:
Just curious if you want to reach that with normal pump gas or E85? If on pump gas, what octane are you going to use?

What turbo/boost?
Stock b21 bottom/head?

stock m-rod 7.5:1 b21et/ft, stock 398 head and valves, stiffer springs, v-cam, k-jet intake, 90+ exhaust, hy35 @ ~30psi, full 3" exhaust, generic ebaycooler, 160F thermostat and vems. Just as driveable as a normal b230f off boost, and with a bit of load it hits 7psi @ 2800rpm, 15psi @ 3200rpm and 30psi all the way from 3900rpm up to the 7200rpm rev limiter.

Too bad the crank sensor crapped it self, blew the hg and bent some rods. Funny thing is that this happened before it was on the dyno, so it probably made 352whp with at least one bent rod :lol:

It had traction. Yours was just better setup better than mine,lol. My 04 SRT-4 was similar in weight and speed as yours. It went 12.05@116 with 377whp and 442ft-lbs of torque. Have you ever got yours dynoed at 25psi?

Nope, life got in the way and I could never get it to the Dyno after that pass, since then I switched from LH to MS, added 2psi more and added a big valve head so I hoping when I get back to see over 400+ whp and a proper 11 sec time slip.

Nope, life got in the way and I could never get it to the Dyno after that pass, since then I switched from LH to MS, added 2psi more and added a big valve head so I hoping when I get back to see over 400+ whp and a proper 11 sec time slip.

Best of luck to you. By the way how big of difference did the exhaust manifold do? I?m still on the stock one.

@20psi of hy35cw air flow it added around 30+whp. My trap speed went from 104mph to 107+ with no other changes, same turbo WG and boost pressure.

last one I did was ID1300's so there would be overhead for e85. And there was overhead for e85 lol.

Back