• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Any ideas for a good roof rack solution for 240 sedans?

lavenderphonk

After a little while of putting off my desire for a roof rack, I've finally decided to give it another go. What are some Thule and/or Yakima models that will work well on for a 92 240? I'm open to suggestions for rain gutter mounts and bars that the mounts would hold down, though an all in one model is preferred.

Thanks!

Buy a parts car with one already on it, no guess work and you can grab the rest of the stuff your car needs

Yakima 1A raingutter towers with 58" crossbars. Mounts shown are a pair of the Yakima Steelhead bike mounts and a BasketCase roof basket in the middle. Old school fairing attached to front crossbar.

Keep your eyes on CL for people selling Yakima or Thule racks. Going to be cheaper than finding a parts car with one on it, since most people keep the racks when they sell their parts cars. That said, I have come across racks in the yards in the past.

-J

Yakima Have a set for our wagons. They were made for hauling a canoe but work great for other things.

I have no experience with these, but white855T suggested in this thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=344174
to try:
https://www.prolineracks.com/proline-gmr165-rain-gutter-racks.html

If you get a used Thule rack without keys, you may be able to get replacement keys from the factory. If you have an old key code number, you'll need to call and ask (for me, they were really nice on the phone, and sent a key for nothing!, but it was the last one available.) Newer key code replacements have an online order form you can fill out (maybe $5? for a pair).

I have a well-loved set of Yakima rails/gutter mounts, period matching basket, and short rail bike mount if you're interested. I've run it on 2 140's, a 244, and a 745.

Back