• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740/940 XC90 T6 brake conversion info/reference

Center hole for XC90 discs is 67.1mm and 65.1mm for 7/9, how did you solve that?

The disc centers on a larger diameter than the rim, 68mm diameter is what I found for 2/7/9. So a little work with the lathe is needed. Sure Swedbrick has access to one but if needed I can do it as well.

Curious about the weight of the calipers and pads!

Great work btw!

The disc centers on a larger diameter than the rim, 68mm diameter is what I found for 2/7/9. So a little work with the lathe is needed.
XC90 discs are a direct fit. I didn't do anything but slap them on front and rear.

The disc centers on a larger diameter than the rim, 68mm diameter is what I found for 2/7/9. So a little work with the lathe is needed. Sure Swedbrick has access to one but if needed I can do it as well.

Curious about the weight of the calipers and pads!

Great work btw!

I did grind my spacers out (same story) with a bur, pretty safe if you measure them constantly with the hub.

For me they were a direct fit as well, never put anything on the lathe;-) haven't noticed any issues with the self centering either

The calipers are somewhat heavy, I guess around 20kg compared to original 10kg with the brackets. Most of the weight is in the discs

Last edited:
Was it a necessity? And does the later master cylinder has a larger volume than the 740 cylinder? Because the piston area between both shouldn't deviate too much, right?

Back