• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 M47 rebuild options?

drj434343

I'm looking for any updated information or recent experiences with rebuilding M47's.

In calling around to local Volvo mechanics and transmission rebuilders in Portland, OR I'm getting a lot of hemming and hawing about the lack of parts, which I knew going in.

So far, I haven't found someone that seemed confident they could find the parts needed.

Does anyone have a mechanic that can rebuild one, or any parts sources I can reference?

Interested in this...

The lack of low mileage replacements, as well as parts/rebuilability of these boxes is why I swapped the T5 in. But I would think that there are enough die-hard purists that want to retain the m46/47.

There are zero mileage exchange units from Volvo. They were $1800 plus your core last time I checked. Long block B230F were still available, too. $4k....

There are zero mileage exchange units from Volvo. They were $1800 plus your core last time I checked. Long block B230F were still available, too. $4k....

Do the zero mileage units leak too? I recall reading about your gearbox leaking after a rebuild. I resealed mine and it still leaked.

Last edited:
Back