• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lh3.1 to 2.4

I?m currently in the middle of swapping my lh3.1 car to lh2.4. Everything is going as planned except for one issue. The car has an 11 pin connector ( dash to engine harness it looks ). The donor harness I have gotten is a 9 pin. Has anyone made this work by cutting the 9 pin connector off the harness and making the 11 pin work ?

What year is the car? I did this swap. My car is a 92 and I found an lh2.4 from the same year and swapped it over with no issue.

What year is the car? I did this swap. My car is a 92 and I found an lh2.4 from the same year and swapped it over with no issue.

Mine is a 1991. This harness I got must be from an early model 2.4. I?m really hoping I can make this work. If not I?ll have to source a newer harness.

Yes you can make it work, just gotta figure out which wires to hook up to the other wires. You only really need 4 wires from the harness for it to actually run. Check that thread with the same title.

Yes you can make it work, just gotta figure out which wires to hook up to the other wires. You only really need 4 wires from the harness for it to actually run. Check that thread with the same title.

I did check it but found it a little confusing

I don't know any sources for diagrams for that connector in LH 3.1, but the differences for LH 2.4 are below. 1990 had the 9-pole. In 1991 it changed to the 11-pole. Maybe this will help you figure it out for LH 3.1.

Let us know what wires you see on the LH 3.1 11 pole or if they're the same. It may come in handy.
Dave

Attachments

• 240-LH2.4_9pole_11poleplug.jpg
    240-LH2.4_9pole_11poleplug.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 60
I don't know any sources for diagrams for that connector in LH 3.1, but the differences for LH 2.4 are below. 1990 had the 9-pole. In 1991 it changed to the 11-pole. Maybe this will help you figure it out for LH 3.1.

Let us know what wires you see on the LH 3.1 11 pole or if they're the same. It may come in handy.
Dave

The Lh 3.1 11 pin connector is the same. On this 9 pin connector I?m working on 2 wires are different colors. Pin 5 is solid blue , pin 1 is black and red

Good news! What specifically did you have to move, that would be helpful to anyone else coming across this thread in a search. :)

Pics always help explain.

Easier then expected. Everything matched up. The black 6 pin connector that holds a relay has the two red wires that normally go to pin 10 and 11 on the 11 pin connector but with the 9 pin connector it has them going right to the power source at the battery it appears. I just bypassed that and connected them to the 11 pin connector.

Back