• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

67" Amazon T5

Thanks guys. :) The welding primer has article no 1161816 and should be possible to by from your local Volvo dealership. The Volvo primer is known as one of the best welding primers on the market and a lot of non-Volvo dealerships and workshops are also using it here in Scandinavia.

Volvo has a lot of weird things in their product range, like welding primer and waffle irons. :)

Just another picture of new steel welded in place.
750D20E9-2832-48BF-9085-4F796E56577C_zpsvoo8a2qc.jpg

The last days I have spent a lot of time in the rear axle bracket area. I had to remove the bracket to access the rusty area.

Inside the channel I found an old marble ball. :) Probably pretty old.

The bracket welded in placa again after fixing the damaged area. Have now ordered watt-link that will be installed together with the rear axle within the next weeks.
C22006CF-C063-4EE4-88BE-66A36DF9D1BC_zpsmikqxslm.jpg

The cross member is also installed since I soon will start building the engine mounts and make room for the transmission.

Thanks guys. :)

Here is the first sketch of the transmission adapter plate. The plan is to check now if the holes are correct, and if they are I will do some further work in the CAD model before I will get a prototype 3D printed.

Also, it have been pretty hot in the area the last days so i bought a cute little refrigator for the garage. :)

Front and rear axle is back in the garage again.
4F82EB42-1CB9-4D9D-8E3B-8555EA73E4FF_zpslggfkrud.jpg

Front axle installed so that I can start construction of the engine mounts.
FDBF8888-363D-45C6-8308-9CC5819788AC_zps7l21xhmy.jpg

Tried to get a overview photo. Was'nt easy in a 230 sq.feet garage. :)
33BEB3D2-D996-43E4-A018-D18ABF7FFC6D_zpsvthsmhcq.jpg

Dude.:cool: Posting in awesome thread about awesome project. This thing is going to be... awesome. Nice work.

Thanku, SquareD. :)

Finaly somethin more interesting to show. Made a dummy of the engine.

First attempt to put the dummy engine in the car. Will need pretty much modifications to fit I think. :)

Looks much better without the bellhousing. The bolt on the A-arm will be turned around 180 degrees to make more space. However, the sump will need some modifications.

Not much space here. The engine should also be moved a bit forward.

Since the car will be equiped with air ride, the sump shouldnt be the lowest point.

Do anyone have some experience with polyurethan engine mounts? i have ordered a pair of this type: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221826142589?_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT'

Will these transfer much noise and vibrations to the body?

Just a note, you might not want to flip the A arm bolts because then if you need to remove them you'll have to lift the engine. You're cutting the pan anyway, just cut it enough to clear what's there. (that's what I'm doing, hehe)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...d=0CGcQMyhAMEBqFQoTCNDjnZ3UtccCFc84iAodkg0Gkw

I used these Jaguar mounts for my install. Easy to install and give a quiet ride.

They may be a solution. :)

Just a note, you might not want to flip the A arm bolts because then if you need to remove them you'll have to lift the engine. You're cutting the pan anyway, just cut it enough to clear what's there. (that's what I'm doing, hehe)

You have a good point there. I think I do it like you. How much distance do you have from the crossmember to the sump?

This evening I have done some wooden work in the garage. I made a temporsy adapter between the transmission and the bellhousing so that i can put the drive train in the car and make engine mounts and new transmission tunnel.

As someone who has made a lot of temporary wood adapters (inckuding that exact same one) I'd be careful to support the transmission. The way you have it bolted to the adapter instead of thru it will likely break under the weight of the transmission.

I will support the transmission with a hoist to avoid overloading the wood adapter. :)

Have got the "motor" approximatly in position now. The sump will need some welding after cutting away a lot of material to make room for the A-arms. This picture is from the passenger side.

And the drivers side.

This should be sufficient space between the engine and the fire wall.

And then, a huge milestone. The transmission is now in the car for the first time. :)

Back