home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 11-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Alan29
Board Member

Default 240 downpipe - KL Racing?

Does anyone here with a turbo 240 have hands on experience with the 3" stainless dp from KL Racing? I was about to pull the trigger on ordering the parts to have one built locally out of aluminized steel using my existing flange, but the price shipped from KL is about $155. Hard not to want to jump on that given the minimal price difference and stainless material.

This would be going on an 83 244 with a rebuilt stock turbo that will soon be kjet free.

Did quite a bit of searching and couldn't seem to find any feedback from any buyers. Little hesitant to order before finding some real world feedback. Thanks!
Alan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
Fa182
Stage 1

Are you talking about this one? https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar...o-740_940.html

I bought one for my 940. It will not bolt up directly, as it is too short to connect to the cat. You have to weld on a bit of pipe to make it longer.
The quality seems very nice, can't tell anything about longevity as I didn't use it.
I bought it thinking it's a complete one (yeah I know...) and I don't need it. Still have it somewhere in my shed. I can sell it to you for a good price. PM me if you want.

Link to my ad with a few photos: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=342720
Old 11-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #3
AndrewTheHobbit
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan29 View Post
Does anyone here with a turbo 240 have hands on experience with the 3" stainless dp from KL Racing? I was about to pull the trigger on ordering the parts to have one built locally out of aluminized steel using my existing flange, but the price shipped from KL is about $155. Hard not to want to jump on that given the minimal price difference and stainless material.

This would be going on an 83 244 with a rebuilt stock turbo that will soon be kjet free.

Did quite a bit of searching and couldn't seem to find any feedback from any buyers. Little hesitant to order before finding some real world feedback. Thanks!
i got one with the flange adapter cuz i have a 16t, pipe wouldn't fit cuz it hit the firewall so i had to shorten it, but im sure for a stock setup it would be fine.
AndrewTheHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote