• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dakota Digital VHX Gauges in a 240

Grendel

So, Oysten Troan and I are working to put Dakota Digital VHX gauges into my 240 wagon to get rid of the big clock, add a real tach and several other gauges, along with a touch screen.

We're moving the clock to the left of the double DIN and will also add outside temp there as well.

It's been a challenge, but looks like we may hit the printer soon.

So the gauge package:

https://upload.facebook.com/BlueRibbonAutoRestoration/photos/a.2945853502191988/3155634304547239

I figured since I am doing a Gen V 5.3L (L83) and a 8L90E it would be easier to go CANBUS with the gauges... and Oysten is rocking the show with the gauge bezel.

That's cool and all, but you can put a factory tach in the place of that clock :e-shrug:

If you are going to use a double din unit you can just use the built in clock and run a pair of auxiliary gauges with factory bezels. That looks an order of magnitude better than the Dakota Digital stuff.

That's cool and all, but you can put a factory tach in the place of that clock :e-shrug:

If you are going to use a double din unit you can just use the built in clock and run a pair of auxiliary gauges with factory bezels. That looks an order of magnitude better than the Dakota Digital stuff.

Sorry, the factory gauges don't run off CANBUS, nor do I want to run two sets of sending units.

The way the Dakota Digital stuff works and looks is far better than the factory set up.

You know I said I am putting two gauges to the left of the double DIN right?

Oh and what does a factory tach for my car cost?

Last edited:
Like 30 bucks for one on here.

Idk man if you want to do CANBUS, the Speedhut stuff looks way better. That's neither here nor there though. I'm sure you have shopped around already.

Another option is to run an IO box that drives the factory gauges depending on the protocol you use.

Hi Oysten!

I don't like doing what other people have. I don't need guidance on what other's have done, it's not really in my spirit or what I am posting about.I also like latest technology in older cars, making it look like factory.

I see that my other post was deleted. Why?

Back