home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 06-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #26
Mbeas96
Board Member

A question I missed; no smoke out the exhaust during idle, cruise (no matter what rpm or speed) , or deceleration. The few times I initially laid into it, which was after the "recommended 150-200 miles on a rebuilt turbo" there was no smoke. Boosted fast, felt fast, felt smooth, I was stoked. Soon later, within the next 250-300 miles, there was lots of smoke under boost. I realized I was losing oil after that and began to not boost at all. And still lost tons of oil. Tore apart the drain and turbo and created more leaks doing that...

My build thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=340910
Mbeas96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:41 PM   #27
90volvo
Board Member

is your car your daily driver? If you wanted to send me the turbo I would be willing to look it over for you. NC. And reassemble, I have alot of extra turbo stuff laying around. Quesiton I have is, Where is your drain back to the engine. Block or oil pan? Maybe you answered that already. If so Im sorry. Ive seen people get the drain to low in oil pan. In fact my sons car I put it in the oil pan and if he is on incline or out of level. It will start smoking.
90volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:08 AM   #28
Mbeas96
Board Member

Yeah, it was my daily...not any longer lol. I've been super busy and this came up right in the middle of a career transition. I have yet to pull the turbo off, but it'll get a stock 16t in the future. I might be interested if I think it's over my head...but man, it's supposed to be easy.

Drain is in the original block spot, but a yoshifab press fitting installed with an AN coupler
Mbeas96 is offline   Reply With Quote