• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Total loss Bertone.

Last edited:

Interesting info. Wish I went that route first, if it would work with the Explorer engine?
Oh and I'll need those headers back. JK

To me the pics do not show a lot of damage. I'd repair it without thinking any other options.

If there is a door shell on the estimate, has the outer metal warped and can't just be sanded down and repainted?

Noted.

Hey you still owe me a beer for the Recaro's! LOL beyond the statute of limitations. :cool:

Oh I definitely do. Statute of limitations does not expire on sharing beers among friends! Funny you should mention the seats...I ended up finding some upholstery (took that shop 3 tries and 9 months to get right :roll: ) and replacement bolsters. What did they come out of anyway?? They are such an oddball combination of components. I really do need to get around to finishing the goshdarn things.

The interior stuff...I'd be paying actual money for it :lol:

To me the pics do not show a lot of damage. I'd repair it without thinking any other options.

If there is a door shell on the estimate, has the outer metal warped and can't just be sanded down and repainted?

The old me agrees 100%.
Good old school body man could fix the door. Insurance doesn't count on them anymore.

Salvage value shouldn't be very high. Might call a few yards for a salvage quote to get a sense of what to expect from your insurer.

$7k is $7k. Buy back should come in low, it did catch fire and only crazy people buy burnt cars, right. :lol:

Oh I definitely do. Statute of limitations does not expire on sharing beers among friends! Funny you should mention the seats...I ended up finding some upholstery (took that shop 3 tries and 9 months to get right :roll: ) and replacement bolsters. What did they come out of anyway?? They are such an oddball combination of components. I really do need to get around to finishing the goshdarn things.

The interior stuff...I'd be paying actual money for it :lol:

Beer is always a good thing. The Recaro's came from a buddy who said they were in a Toyota pick up, no idea if they were OEM from some other make or bought for the Toyota aftermarket which I think is likely due to the seat brackets which looked well made not mickeymoused from what I recall seeing at my buds shop. (probably not much help?)

If AAA plays nice I will be bringing it home tomorrow.
Take a closer look and decide between selling or parting, not fixing it.

Its home and cleaned up pretty good. The door is definitely warped but nothing a good body man couldn't take care of.
Hood is toast or not worth fixing which is no big deal as I have the original in my shop loft.
Then the wiring and engine repair. Wish I could buy a decision maker pill. This sucks as it looks like a fixer and I would rather drive it w/o collision coverage (branded title) as a DD and get rid of the soul killing ultra reliable Toyota Avalon I am driving.
Stab at current value?

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_123422020.jpg
    IMG_20191216_123422020.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20191216_143552038.jpg
    IMG_20191216_143552038.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20191216_143539754_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191216_143539754_HDR.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 73
Current value? $400 Delivered to my house :-P

Looks like you haven't seen my Bookface messages, so here ya go:
I'd be willing to pay $400 if it's all in good shape (the door cards)
I'd do a whole part-out if the car is beyond fixing. Selling it whole leaves a lot of money and neat parts on the table.
Would still give the fixing approach if possible though

As for wiring harness: EMS all the way. The learning curve is not bad at all, and there is a lot of nearly turn-key stuff available for the 5.0.

Current value? $400 Delivered to my house :-P

Looks like you haven't seen my Bookface messages, so here ya go:
I'd be willing to pay $400 if it's all in good shape (the door cards)
I'd do a whole part-out if the car is beyond fixing. Selling it whole leaves a lot of money and neat parts on the table.
Would still give the fixing approach if possible though

As for wiring harness: EMS all the way. The learning curve is not bad at all, and there is a lot of nearly turn-key stuff available for the 5.0.

Doh! I did miss it. I will follow up.

img874.jpg

Back