• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

baby brake booster

90volvo

Im looking to put a smaller brake booster on my 90 240. Mainly want more room for a KLracing intake manifold. Ive done alot of searching and read about alot of options. But seems nobody really came up with one that fits well and gains alot of room. So any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_191417.jpg
    IMG_20200729_191417.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 210
I am doing a hydro boost brake booster to clear the valve covers and coil packs on my LS swap, give you a ton of room. A bit more complex and expensive than a smaller booster, but works well.

aKMEfoRl.jpg

Astro booster, run by a Corvette power steering pump. I know how much you love my mods lol. It will work well though and provide a lot of extra room. Just need to run it upside down to get the accumulator to the drivers side.

^No strong opinion/voice of the unwashed ignorant peasant masses/above my pay grade. :lol:

Amazing stuff done on a budget with garden variety diesel GM pickup & Astro hydroboost recombining the junkpile on a budget, approve/admire/respect?

Get tarred with the 'restore it to stock' brush a lot.
Just like recycling high volume/factory quality control factory stuff for pennies on the dollar broadly like much of TB. :e-shrug:
One of many reasons we're on here...

Last edited:
I hear you, I'm just playing around with you a bit. I appreciate you, and have definitely scored some goodies from you in the past.

We were doing a hydroboost power steering assist setup on a Jeep, it worked well, so I figured why not use a similar setup for the brakes. It is a good bit more money than a stock booster, figure on about $400 with the lines, adapters, booster, etc. The booster itself is about $200 from Rockauto.

does anyone know an oem booster which fits the 7/9er series?

/edit

except the OEM booster? I need a 10" 16v to clear the 16v intake, bought a new one and its broken :(

Back