• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

PS pump bracket bolt p/n# help

240-FAN

The long tensioner bolt on the power steering bracket (the one from the AC compressor pulley to PS pump pulley) sheared off today.
Can someone please help me with the p/n#? Is it the same as the one use for the alternator p/n#1336962?

eDnPKh5.jpg

Or if there’s dimensions for the bolt that I can find at the local HW store?
Thanks.

You're supposed the back off the tension of this bolt after tightening all the other bolts. Not doing this is what causes this bolt to break.

You're supposed the back off the tension of this bolt after tightening all the other bolts. Not doing this is what causes this bolt to break.

Dammit, Lummert.

exactly, the skinny bolt is only for holding tension as you secure the nut holding the belt tight, then back off the skinny bolt.

you might have to order the bolt, long skinny M6 bolts without shoulders are not as common.

Didn’t know that but I’ve backed it off this time. Got the bolt from McMaster as none of the local stores carry an M6 x 1.0 80mm bolt.

Attachments

• tensionermitsu1.jpg
    tensionermitsu1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 21
  • tensionerbolt2.jpg
    tensionerbolt2.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 21
DBARRTON

I am pretty sure I've replied to you before about how that bolt is only designed to be under tension when adjusting the belt tension, and not otherwise.
You are doing it wrong

those parts do look nice though

Last edited:
Back