• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Swedish Car Parts Stainless Exhaust, Over Axle Kit

IansPlatinum

Does anybody have experience with this kit? Seems reasonably priced, and is the over-axle design that I'm looking for.

https://www.swedishcarparts.com/par...ystem-for-sedans-and-wagons-lifetime-warranty

85565a59.jpg

I can't find any evidence on TB that a user has purchased one of their exhaust systems.
If you have, how was the fit?

Alternatively, does anyone know where I can buy an OE/OEM over-axle exhaust kit online? Several retailers show a picture of the over-axle kit but reference it as being under axle so I'm a bit hesitant to order without knowing for certain.

The Skandix Simons sport system is mild steel over the axle kit. I've used two of them and they all lasted about 6-7 years. Genuine Volvo kits were over the axle as well but last time I bought exhaust I bought the Simons system. I seem to recall Skandix also selling a stock replacement kit in stainless but don't know the details.

This is the part number for the over the axle pipe 31372178. If they offered a 'sport' stainless kit in 2.25 with just the rear muffler, that would definitely be my go to kit.

Last edited:
Over axle is the normal way of doing the system.
Why is it almost all exhaust systems in the US are only half systems like the original link?

I bought the Swedish car parts exhaust and installed it on a 88 240, it fit great. I would recommend it

And another question: the site says 4 clamps are furnished. What are those clamps made of?

classicswede said:

I am an advocate of over-axle exhaust, but man, when it is time to take it off, under-axle is pretty sweet.

Why is it almost all exhaust systems in the US are only half systems like the original link?

Because CATs are required by law in 50 states. The head pipes seem to last quite long.....so the market needs ?CAT back? kits typically.

I've also seen before the cat front pipes in stainless on ebay. I think some of the volvo venders sell that as well. The USA system became a setup where the pipe between the cat and front muffler is part of the cat. Then the 'kit' is from the front muffler back with a crappy crushed under the axle pipe. Never liked that setup. it would have been OK if they didn't crush the pipe so much.

Because CATs are required by law in 50 states. The head pipes seem to last quite long.....so the market needs ?CAT back? kits typically.

Makes sense, The UK market only started to see 240's with a Cat from 1990 onwards so only the last few years of production. It is common to fit the older system and just add a lambda boss to save the restriction of the cat

Back