• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 rear spring clocking

sloopy

2-digit whp
Hello. I saw in another thread someone talking about clocking the rear springs on their 240. I was wondering if there is a specified way of clocking the springs. When I did my rear springs, I took care to clock them the same and I set them in a way that made sense to me.

I've attached an image: The red arrow points towards the front of the car and is perpendicular to the flat section of the lower retaining plate. The spring is clocked in such a way that it's butting up against the longitudinally oriented flat section. The end of the spring is represented by the cyan line.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

On a related note, I was double checking my trailing arm bushings because I read that the arrow is supposed to be pointing down. I could only see the upper side of the bushing and saw no arrow, so I'm guessing I oriented them correctly. I oriented them such that the meatier of the two "sides" is on the bottom and the air gaps are to each side and level.

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_172101_1.jpg
    IMG_20201011_172101_1.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The lower tip of the spring is supposed to point back on a stock height spring, and forward on a lowering spring.

This is to keep the end of the spring from making a 'hot spot' on the lower seat.

Don't know how much it matters but that's what the instructions for the IPD overload springs states.

Back