• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Swedish Car Parts / replacement speakers for 240

eebird

Does anyone know if the reproduction/replacement set of speakers sold on Swedish Car Parts website...fits in both the front OR rear speaker cavities on a 1992 240 Wagon? They list them for the front doors, but as the wagon puts speakers in the rear doors, would these also work there?

Thanks,

[I called and left a message for SCP, I have not heard back yet which is why I thought I'd ask here.]

Danny

The rear door uses 4 inch speakers. So yes, the speakers will fit. Please let us know the quality of speakers if you end up buying them. I'm glad someone is offering a direct fit speaker.

Ok thanks, I ordered 2 sets of speakers, will replace them all. Is there anything I need to know about how to safely remove the speaker covers/grills? They are obviously quite old, would love to not damage them and be able to put them back in good condition.

The rear ones will have rivets unfortunately and you know what that means(they need to be drilled out). The front grilles just pop off. Use a skinny flat head screwdriver and pry the cover off. It will be obvious when you go and do it.

Back