• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jumbo brake bracket pin resleave

RoadRacer4Life

Owner: DeathWagon
300+ Club
Hey everyone I'm having issues with some brakes on a 740 that I am working on.. This car is raced in endurance racing series like Champ car and WRL. The car is fitted with 940 turbo jumbo brakes and the caliper is rocking on the sliders due to uneven wear in the caliper bracket. Has anyone re-sleeved the caliper bracket.. The the caliper pins don't appear to have any significant wear but the bracket that the pin slides in has uneven wear and this is causing us some brake issues.

Thanks guys..

-Sam

I know the car you're working on, awesome deal man! :-P

I did run into that issue on mine actually, back before I swapped the Wilwoods on. At that time I dug around, couldn't find much at all for a replacement guide so I found some reman calipers with brackets, which had the same issue, looked like they hadn't done anything with the guides either.

Any chance you could ream the guides out and use a larger pin?

I looked into this real quick, and it looks like the Ate catalog might list some sleeves. This might become a question of which sleeves you can in fact get and coupling them with the appropriate slide bolt. A challenge, but not impossible.

Back