• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"Warmed up" NA motor MPG estimates?

Happen to have a link to that thread?

Sorry, it was a thread on the now defunct brickspeed. The guy was a tuner by trade located in the LA area. He built the 245 so he could tow his time attack Eclipse to the track. He eventually turboed the engine and when that wasn't good enough he 2jz swapped the wagon.

^^^ I think that was gross polluter posting here 10+ years ago with his MS tweaked redblock 245 -- the pictures are long gone, but the text remains:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=3065212&postcount=67

04-04-2010, 11:56 AM
My commutes to Orange County would generally average 26mpg on LH2.2 or MS1 firing simultaneous. My commute on Friday netted 32mpg on the base maps and a little tweaking of the injector timing. My goal is to average 35mpg freeway driving which looks very possible at this point. Overall I'm very happy with the sequential code for MS2.

Sorry, it was a thread on the now defunct brickspeed. The guy was a tuner by trade located in the LA area. He built the 245 so he could tow his time attack Eclipse to the track. He eventually turboed the engine and when that wasn't good enough he 2jz swapped the wagon.

I remember seeing this years ago, and the numbers you're putting on paper are what I recall too.

thought i'd pick up mpgs on a +4 advanced T cam but I went down to 18 city 23 highway :lol: (aw71)

but now it at least has some pep! might try +2 as a good compromise to try to get back to 25-26 highway

I had many many years ago a Volvo 240 with r-sport turbosystem with intercooler and about 1.2 bar of boost.
It had a r-sport carburator and it goes about 7.5l per 100km, i had no clue what this is in mpg:s.

It had m46 and engine is a b19 with a-cam.

Edit: it is 31.36 miles per gallon, i think that this is very very good.

This is measured at 500km trip to my mothers mother, i drive something about 80-90km/h which is 50mph. So this is highway driving, no city driving.

Back